• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
So , if no one else comes in will it matter , can we cut it with what we’ve got?
We can cope but probably not comfortably.

StudentGrecian

And no serious injuries. I'd expect to get a couple in, even if it goes right to the last minute, just so that we've actually got bodies.
This is it for me, couple more bodies will comfortably see us over line with room for injuries. A couple of good signings could also see us push the playoffs given what we’ve shown so far, that’s probably asking too much though!

Another thing to be weary of is the key players coming to the end of their deals with their future in the back of their minds. Could it affect their performances towards the end of the season? April already looks tough!

Cowshed Grecian

So , if no one else comes in will it matter , can we cut it with what we’ve got?
Absolutely not. Do you think we are not going to sustain anymore injuries this season? What we gonna do play the youth team to cover?

Average Joe

I think we're two wins away from safety at a guess so yes we can cut it but only due to how good our squad was the first half of the season. It would be a long boring second half, loss to Argyle again, loss to Rovers etc and this could deeply impact our high attendances and will have an impact financially down the line.

There's more then just points on the line. I'm not asking the club to invest and build on what we have, I'd like us to maintain what we have at an absolute minimum and this does mean bringing in a couple of signings.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we're two wins away from safety at a guess so yes we can cut it but only due to how good our squad was the first half of the season. It would be a long boring second half, loss to Argyle again, loss to Rovers etc and this could deeply impact our high attendances and will have an impact financially down the line.

There's more then just points on the line. I for sure are not asking the club to invest and build on what we have, however I'd like us to maintain what we have at an absolute minimum and this does mean bringing in a couple of signings.
Probably the first time I've agreed with you.

JCWhoosh

Interestingly there is no quote to that effect in the article.

The actual quote is 'We hope to add more and will try to do it'. No timing is mentioned in that quote.

Is the headline simply one young, harassed journalists spin on the interview rather than what GC actually said? Its this sort of coverage that sows division between club and fans because it creates misleading expectations

Also its interesting to test the quote against what (dire) circumstances would be needed for the opposite to be true - ie City are not hopeful that there will be new signings, and are not trying to do it. So what GC says is not very much at all.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

There's more then just points on the line. I for sure are not asking the club to invest and build on what we have, however I'd like us to maintain what we have at an absolute minimum and this does mean bringing in a couple of signings.
Rovers? haven't we beaten them and drawn with them already?

In theory we only have three possibly four potential big crowds left, but Saturday threw that theory out of the pan. We have done remarkably well so far this season. GC's first signing on initial impressions is impressive, and hopefully it is quality like this that he is looking for. He has got a larger more experienced backroom than MT had, and in the summer I would be hoping that this pays dividends, bring on the next Will Grigg. We should see more action next week as the window starts to close but probably loan signings.

We should survive with what we have got as long as no departures, however it would be nice to get some new faces in to bolster the squad, as well as having Josh and Sam back (some time).

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

There's more then just points on the line. I'm not asking the club to invest and build on what we have, I'd like us to maintain what we have at an absolute minimum and this does mean bringing in a couple of signings.
Without being pedantic, I think 12 points should just about do us, so 3 wins and some draws or to be extra safe 4 wins!

Reactions: Ash

Grecian2K

Thursday is usually the day isn't it??
Ah, but in this cold weather Craig's camcorder needs a full day to charge up in readiness.

Colesman Ballz

We have already taken 4 pts off Bristol and Forest Green so which Rovers are you talking about, Accrington ? :cool: