• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brown not staying. Turned down a new deal
Bid on the table from Bristol Rovers for Collins

Exclusive
Is that Collins from another club because I'm sure they couldn't afford Archie. Even if they could, it's a step sideways at the very best.

Red Monster

£500K maybe OK for a season but what happens then ?
[/QUOTE

Exclusive
They couldn’t afford Collins .

manc grecian

They couldn’t afford Collins .
I don't know what the bid was

Red Monster

I don't know what the bid was
Not enough !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember when Mansfield bid 300k for Ollie Watkins.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exclusive
We have no control over Jevani and frankly the chances of keeping him is small so just enjoy him while we have him. As for Archie Bristol Rovers probably see themselves as a bigger club but I'm pretty sure the player himself is fully aware there are going to be much better offers and much better clubs to pick from come the summer. As far as I know it's only because their own Collins is off and they just want to save a few quid and dont have to get rid of the shirts :)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have no control over Jevani and frankly the chances of keeping him is small so just enjoy him while we have him. As for Archie Bristol Rovers probably see themselves as a bigger club but I'm pretty sure the player himself is fully aware there are going to be much better offers and much better clubs to pick from come the summer
Wholeheartedly agree. Brown probably has one opportunity at getting his most lucrative deal and potentially Championship football, and I wouldn’t begrudge him that.

Id be amazed if Collins went to Rovers…Firstly, I doubt they could meet his valuation and secondly I’m sure other much bigger suiters are out there. If he went to a L1 club, I would expect it to be one of the bigger boys to be honest.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have Bristol Rovers got any money then?

I'm always struck by how big a club they seem to think they are, yet they've rarely played in a higher division than us.

arthur

We have no control over Jevani and frankly the chances of keeping him is small so just enjoy him while we have him. As for Archie Bristol Rovers probably see themselves as a bigger club but I'm pretty sure the player himself is fully aware there are going to be much better offers and much better clubs to pick from come the summer. As far as I know it's only because their own Collins is off and they just want to save a few quid and dont have to get rid of the shirts :)
Yes, Barton seems to think Rovers is a big club like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday or Ipswich. . Most of my life they have been unremarkable members of the third and fourth divisions. Derek Adams had similar delusions about Bradford City who did spend a short time in the top flight, but then so did Carlisle, Oxford, Northampton and Oldham

Barton is deluded,end of