• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
My mistake.
Not to worry. At least he did say it😃

Predicting he will be in red-and-white for the foreseeable future.
Are you predicting a move for Archie to Sunderland/Sheffield United? :unsure:

Bridgy 81

Are you predicting a move for Archie to Sunderland/Sheffield United? :unsure:
Maybe he’s coming home to play in red, white (and black) for Bridgwater United.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Connor Wickham has left Forest Green. Could Gary be interested?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Connor Wickham has left Forest Green. Could Gary be interested?
He wouldn't be anymore than a back up here and tbh wouldn't fit into the profile of what I would like to see added to our forward line.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wouldn't be anymore than a back up here and tbh wouldn't fit into the profile of what I would like to see added to our forward line.
I'd guess he is still commanding fairly large wages, too.

It's a nay from me. We have much bigger issues in which we could do with investing a probable 3-4k in wages each week.

Grecianpasty

Wickham would be a good signing. He's a different option to what we already have. Although as has been mentioned, his wages might be an issue.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd guess he is still commanding fairly large wages, too.

It's a nay from me. We have much bigger issues in which we could do with investing a probable 3-4k in wages each week.
Agree. We definitely need a Nombe styled back up for Nombe imho, but the rest needs to go towards our defence and maybe a replacement for Harper.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
These next two weeks are going to be like a mini close season with no Football until 14th. Everyone's focus will be just on the transfer window.

I wonder if as in the close season we shall get the usual sort of hyperbole on peoples yearnings. I do hope that we get some real speculation to whet our appetite in the next fortnight, the Agent Andy sort (although he might have been gagged this time around) or sightings in the town centre/Airport Services etc, that's what really makes for a good speculative window, not the Connor Wickham's available type.
So if anybody hears locally, strange Northern Accents from athletic looking types then we are speculating.......

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Panto season has finished
Oh no it hasn't!