• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
They are hiding the fact that when their manager recently stated on the radio they couldn't financially compete with the so called bigger teams he was being extremely economical with the truth. Political speak for being a l****g b*****d.
Haha!! Yep they have spent 500k on Callum Wright alone. I bet they have spent close to if not more than a million in this window so far!
Ipswich have dropped over a million on Broadbent as well so shows the gulf in finances within League One!!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Judging how things have been going so far it will be no surprise to see Jev leave to join MT in a few days time.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Judging how things have been going so far it will be no surprise to see Jev leave to join MT in a few days time.
What's now unsettled me a bit is the thought that there may be other release clauses. I fully expect there to be one in Sam's case (at a about a million quid) but I never thought there would be a release clause for Tim Dieng.

andrew p long

While I’m in a bad mood, why is every deal involving ECFC stated as Undisclosed? Even this one with Dieng where there was even a release clause figure in his contract. Every club knows we are always skint, with no money to buy their players and we would sell any player for a reasonable amount. Which is apparently the reason to cover it up. Not that I personally need to know…I just think it’s weird, do Wimbledon do the same?
Unfortunately we can't tell you the reason, because its a secret ;)

More seriously its not just Exeter City...

iscalad

We have this every window. Some people can't be bothered to check anything.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Shocked to see Sutton splashing out a huge fee for Lee Angol of Bradford. We loved him if I remember in those jolly games we played against the plucky minnows Bradford. It says undisclosed fee but sure it must be close to what you reckon £1M or perhaps a bag of footballs?

grecIAN Harris

Transfers will happen. Some we will expect, some will be a surprise but I can't believe how many of you are seriously considering Archie Collins to Rovers as something that really might happen. Everybody laughed off Watkins to Mansfield even when a genuine offer was made. Why? Because on all levels it was laughable just this Collins rumour (and as far as I'm aware that's all it is) is. The comparison are all there to draw on. Sideways step to club with greater aspirations than they can back up in the same division as us with a basket case of a manager. That's why we laughed it off then so why so serious about this now?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's now unsettled me a bit is the thought that there may be other release clauses. I fully expect there to be one in Sam's case (at a about a million quid) but I never thought there would be a release clause for Tim Dieng.
Yes me too and unfortunately I think this has now become the norm.

ryancooper327

So... any incoming rumours?!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Implausible but not total fantasy in Collins' case. It's possible we might persuade Collins to sign on for another 12 months (24 unlikely but not impossible?) with an improved deal and a release fee clause.
He wouldn't need to negotiate a release clause. He'll be 24 by summer 2024 so would be able to leave for free. This is what we did with Jordan Moore-Taylor. Not sure we should repeat it with Collins.
Who was the red head guy in MJ's leaving video wearing the red sweatshirt, appears around the 2 min 10 sec mark
I asked the same question. No-one seems to know.