• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Cowshed Grecian

Caldwell already talking absolute ********. He Says two days ago he’s not expecting any imminent departures from the squad 😂

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Caldwell already talking absolute ********. He Says two days ago he’s not expecting any imminent departures from the squad 😂
You don't like him, do you?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
And perhaps he wasn't.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't like him, do you?
Clearly not and the over reaction is actually a bit embarrassing

If someone pays up a release clause for a player and he wants to go,there isn’t much the manager can do,and 150k for a player nearing 30years old is good business,but the test will be finding an able replacement

AndyR

I didn't particularly want Dieng to leave either but just to put some perspective on some of the boll*x being spouted on this thread and others. MJ has just gone to Colchester who are 20th in L2 and Dieng to Gillingham who are 24th (bottom). Not exactly going to be hitting the high spots there are they?

If the sort of fees being quoted on here are approaching true, I'd imagine the Club's till would be shutting faster than the one in Open All Hours.

Cowshed Grecian

Clearly not and the over reaction is actually a bit embarrassing
Nothing personnel, I don’t dislike him if there was any evidence from his previous jobs he knew what he was doing I wouldn’t be so worried and “over reacting” however both sets of Fans from Chesterfield and Partick have said he went in there and got rid of trusted players and brought his own poorer standard players in and left both clubs in a mess. Is a trend starting here?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't particularly want Dieng to leave either but just to put some perspective on some of the boll*x being spouted on this thread and others. MJ has just gone to Colchester who are 20th in L2 and Dieng to Gillingham who are 24th (bottom). Not exactly going to be hitting the high spots there are they?

If the sort of fees being quoted on here are approaching true, I'd imagine the Club's till would be shutting faster than the one in Open All Hours.
And, IIRC, MT's move to Rovrum didn't go through until ECFC had banked the cash, not merely been promised it! I wonder if we do that with transfers as well? I seem to recall words suggesting that re Joel Randall.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh well, I guess it underlines where we are in the pecking order.
I will be sitting on the fence until the window closes. I sincerely hope that this represents a clearing of the decks for us, in order to bring others in. Whilst other sides (ahem) seem happy to splash the cash and bring in five new players, that will mean that they have a lot of players likely to be kicking their heels and possibly being unhappy about being squad members.
I'm certain we will get more in, and hopeful that no more (Archie in particular) will go.

Redarrow

Jev to Rotherham next……