• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's amazing how a thin looking squad has changed quite quickly to arguing who you are leaving out of the starting eleven. We do need another striker, preferably one who can act as a focal point, to add to the squad. That then gives us four frontline forwards in Sam, Jevani, Jay and New Boy. Two out of the four to start and two "finishers". When chasing a game you still have the option to take off a midfielder or defender and drop Joe and Jevani back one position into midfield and No10 respectively as we did at Portsmouth.

This is now a 16 man game and we have not really had the opportunity to take advantage of that this season. This has been a disadvantage against other clubs who can utilise their bench to good effect. Football moves on and the use of starters and finishers isn't a new one, but with five permitted substitutions has taken a more pronounced position tactically.

Banksy

You’ll have to fight Colchester to get Matt Jay back Rosie.

grecIAN Harris

You’ll have to fight Colchester to get Matt Jay back Rosie.
Jay as in Stansfield......🤨

Grecian Max

I can definitely see Key going. Makes a lot of sense and tbh it would be a good outcome for both him and the club. I reckon 80% chance.

Jevani will stay as he'll have his pick in 4/5 months anyway.

Nombe outside bet to go perhaps - teams panic last day when they really need an attacker. He's a great player, fairly straightforward in style so would slot right into most teams front line.

Red Devon

I can definitely see Key going. Makes a lot of sense and tbh it would be a good outcome for both him and the club. I reckon 80% chance.

Jevani will stay as he'll have his pick in 4/5 months anyway.

Nombe outside bet to go perhaps - teams panic last day when they really need an attacker. He's a great player, fairly straightforward in style so would slot right into most teams front line.
Jevani could be an easy steal seeing as he’ll be free to leave for nowt in the summer

Colesman Ballz

Jevani could be an easy steal seeing as he’ll be free to leave for nowt in the summer
He not free to move for nowt at the moment, so any offers would result in the Club having to make "a judgement call" on the merits.

Red Devon

He not free to move for nowt at the moment, so any offers would result in the Club having to make "a judgement call" on the merits.
Translated into the club would have to decide whether to take an under the market value offer now or nowt in the summer.

Bridgy 81

I think Jevani has been brilliant for us and I’d love him to stay for longer, but if he doesn’t want to,
Ok.
Let’s get the best deal for him for us that we can, and move on.
However much we love him, we love E.C.F.C. more.

Colesman Ballz

Translated into the club would have to decide whether to take an under the market value offer now or nowt in the summer.
Not at all. The Club would be setting the market value and if a potential buyer could be told to FRO if they weren't prepared to meet it. If they are anxious in order to escape relegation or fuel a promotion push, all the urgency and pressure is their's.
An alternative reason is in order to get in early, rather than be involved in a "bun fight" come the end of the season.

Banksy

So , what would ‘fair’ , if discounted , value be you reckon?