• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm getting quite concerned about next season. We don't have many players tied down and whilst I was for Dieng and Jay moving on, this wasn't just to fill the squad with loans (however good they are)

Contracted next season:

Lee

Caprice
Hartridge
Diabate
Sweeney

Kite
Taylor
Coley

Nombe
Cox

That is very, very light. Key players not signing extensions and a fairly poor summer in the window has left us in a pickle down the road. Nombe, I cannot see being with us in 23/24.

All good for now, we have a decent team, but can we really bring in 12-15 players between now and August?

Colesman Ballz

Given this season's difficulties I would be surprised if we managed half a dozen !

milts

I'm getting quite concerned about next season. We don't have many players tied down and whilst I was for Dieng and Jay moving on, this wasn't just to fill the squad with loans (however good they are)

Contracted next season:

Lee

Caprice
Hartridge
Diabate
Sweeney

Kite
Taylor
Coley

Nombe
Cox

That is very, very light. Key players not signing extensions and a fairly poor summer in the window has left us in a pickle down the road. Nombe, I cannot see being with us in 23/24.

All good for now, we have a decent team, but can we really bring in 12-15 players between now and August?
Very worrying. Hopefully some of the out of contract players will sign new deals. Maybe if we can bring in a couple of quality players in this window and finish the season strongly it will help convince them to sign.

Otherwise I can see next season being a real struggle.

manc grecian

Unless we're paying over inflated fees for players then there's not much value in January. Then we'll get outbid on wages in the summer.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Contracted next season:

Lee

Caprice
Hartridge
Diabate
Sweeney

Kite
Taylor
Coley

Nombe
Cox

Been saying this since the start of this season, can only see next season being a tough one.

StudentGrecian

The growing amount of clubs in the leagues below that dwarf our budget is worrying, even building a team with squad players of Jay and Dieng’s level will be hard. Have feeling we will be using our maximum amount of loans week in week out next year.

Maybe there’s truth in cashing in on Jevani and Archie this month to put towards the budget next year.

Alistair20000

Been saying this since the start of this season, can only see next season being a tough one.
I fear you may be right :(

Cowshed Grecian

Contracted next season:

Lee

Caprice
Hartridge
Diabate
Sweeney

Kite
Taylor
Coley

Nombe
Cox

This is what I worry about, I’m more concerned about who we are keeping rather than who we are bringing in at the moment. It’s going to take some hell of a signings to be as good as we have been for the last 2-3 years if we lose as we have started too, the players who have got us here.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Contracted next season:

Lee

Caprice
Hartridge
Diabate
Sweeney

Kite
Taylor
Coley

Nombe
Cox

This is a massive problem for us and this is where Caldwell needs to seriously understand what he wants and how he wants it, as he's never built a side that's been successful with his own signings etc. It'll be interesting to see who and what happens across the next week n a half.

The club though, unless offered stupid money, need to hold onto Nombe, Collins, Key and Brown until to end of the season, if nothing else as a sign of Ambition to the fan base (especially as Key and Collins we will still get cash for in the summer and Nombe is contracted so therefore we will get a fee).

If we lose the base and quality of our side now, it would be insanely harsh to judge Caldwell during the rest if the season.

manc grecian

Nobody would be that silly to judge him. It's a hard sell on the season tickets when the club has no players and we've been told that project 6k allows us to compete in league one.