• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecianpasty

Pollock will replace Cheick for the short term as the starting centre of the three.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, will we be getting one lot of 👀🖊 or could there be more today?

Pollock if true is quite a coup bearing in mind championship sides were also in the running as well as SWFC and Burton.

Interesting the quote about GC, makes you wonder if MT could have pulled this one over the line.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the sun is out and we should have a nice blue sky for when the anouncement(s) is/are made this afternoon. May have a bit of steamy breath from the cold but better for Craig and Scott than carrying it/them out in the pouring rain.

Unless of course it isn't happening!

P.S. Where is Agent Andy? (don't say colchester 'cos he's made an appearance since then) Is he keeping a low profile as a result of lillywhitegate?

Last edited:

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is also true, but the wages are staggering for L1

Gave it a thread of its own to save cluttering this one
That’s what I was referring to in my post #1102 which Snoops seemingly took the wrong way.It’s not knocking City to suggest we can’t compete wages wise with a lot of our fellow League 2 teams , look at our neighbours as an example. ( Yes , I know they won’t be paying the full amount themselves but they can still attract those sort of players seemingly . ) We also have to keep our own top players satisfied and hang on to them too , we can’t blame them for thinking the grass is sometimes greener on the other pitch especially with such short careers.

Intheknow84

On a positive we are making a loan move for Mattie pollock a CB from Watford. Several other clubs have too. So no certainty!
Just saying…

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just saying…
Kudos to you then ItK !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just saying…
Congratulations if it is announced - I would say you had to be right once but I know nothing and would never be right on transfer speculation, just out of interest where are your sources, from within the club, or a trawl and speculate from the internet, for you to have so many go awry

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn’t this a positive thing? If it’s true that a number of clubs have been chasing him, but Caldwell was instrumental in bringing him to City (hopefully), that’s surely a good sign?
I mean, I would hope that GC would be instrumental in the signing of anyone. It's part of his job.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster