• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough the players to avoid a cashflow crisis

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing snide at all, now if you want a snide comment then........

So Ed thinks nobody at ECFC has even thought about what to do but he has the ultimate solution, give it a break i expect it's all they've thought about for a few weeks now. It's the way some people think that THEY are the only ones with a solution to any problem that brings out snide comments, as you call them.

Me, i'm more than happy to leave the Club - off pitch - Management to deal with this problem, they're the ones with ALL the information, especially where players contracts are concerned.
You are being soooooo out of order here Andy. FFS get back in your box !

geoffwp

Andy, this is a blimmin football forum! Discussion of this sort of thing is what goes on here, every day. Didn't you realise that? Ease up man. Ed has made the comments as a businessman.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that Argyle have included some playing staff

Boyo

If Spurs turned round and furloughed all of their staff then the tax payer would be picking up a lot more.
People are suggesting they have the resources and means to not furlough anyone. No one suggesting they furlough the players as well.

Alistair20000

People are suggesting they have the resources and means to not furlough anyone. No one suggesting they furlough the players as well.
As regards Spurs, Levy is a money man who earns a fortune and is a bit of a count too.

Boyo

I see that Argyle have included some playing staff

I’m guessing it players that earn less than £30k per year and they’re probably topping up the 20%.
I think the EFL really need to be setting some rules here otherwise clubs are just gonna take the ****.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m guessing it players that earn less than £30k per year and they’re probably topping up the 20%.
I think the EFL really need to be setting some rules here otherwise clubs are just gonna take the ****.
My understanding is that it applies to reserves and U21 players.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ex_user1234

Resigned
Nothing snide at all, now if you want a snide comment then........

So Ed thinks nobody at ECFC has even thought about what to do but he has the ultimate solution, give it a break i expect it's all they've thought about for a few weeks now. It's the way some people think that THEY are the only ones with a solution to any problem that brings out snide comments, as you call them.

Me, i'm more than happy to leave the Club - off pitch - Management to deal with this problem, they're the ones with ALL the information, especially where players contracts are concerned.
Ed thinks that Andy doth protest too much.

flack attack

My issue with this is that, on reading the club statement, I assumed that we have furloughed the players. It says that the majority of the staff have been furloughed and thanks to the staff, including players, for their support. As I see it, there are two options in this scenario:

1) You furlough the players and say that you've done so.
2) You don't furlough the players and explain why you haven't.

I don't know enough about the ins and outs to be able to say definitively that we should have gone with one or two. What I struggle to understand is that we've seemingly found a third option of not furloughing the players, but essentially pretending that we have and therefore not explaining the justification for not having done so. The fact that only the odd club has been cited as having furloughed their players suggests that there are reasons why seemingly the majority of clubs are choosing not to do this. Is it too much to ask that the club openly say that the players have not been furloughed instead of including a misleading paragraph in the general statement suggesting that we have and at least give some form of justification for the reason for not having done so. Given that so many other clubs are in the same boat, surely there isn't an ECFC specific reason for this...