• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough the players to avoid a cashflow crisis

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong, but I don’t see the league two season starting in August, especially as League Two clubs need fans in the grounds to make it viable. Get them furloughed again ASAP for minimum three weeks and then see how we go.
Yes that must be the sensible action as the furlough can be extended; or terminated in the unlikely event of L2 games starting earlier than expected.

Antony Moxey

That’s what I thought..Just checking a faq & it says individuals can be furloughed more than once but that refers to having more than one job covered by the scheme.

From August employers have to contribute 25% of the furlough(I assume the 80%) Not sure how that affects the watertight nature of players contracts.
As a thought why would a player’s contract be any different to any other fixed term employment contract? I’m sure if Joe Bloggs has his work contribute towards his furlough payment then so will Ryan Bowman.

JJ red&white

Given the furlough scheme becomes flexible from tomorrow, I dont think the 3 week minimum period exists fromt hen does it? i.e. if we have no idea when the season is due to restart, we could at least furlough players 5 out of 7 days a week, and get them into training twice a week. That way we cover a large chunk of our costs, but also maintain training patterns for any sudden announcement of a restart.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
ECFC players were on the payroll at the qualifying time. So they are not new employees.
I don't mean new employees, I mean adding newly furloughed people, ie, can a current employee be furloughed now. I thought that wasn't allowed.

LOG

I don't mean new employees, I mean adding newly furloughed people, ie, can a current employee be furloughed now. I thought that wasn't allowed.
If an employee was furloughed for at least three weeks, then came back to work, they can be re-furloughed. That's my understanding anyway.

dave williams

I think if you furlough someone you cannot employ any new staff ie new players until all player/
staff are back to work