• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

Sarcy Sid

Do we have anyone elderly that we could get to do a few laps of SJP with their Zimmer frame? Craig Woodman perhaps!

GJW

How about all the over 50s on Exeweb doing walking laps of SJP to raise money. Socially distanced of course. Now then, just need a rub down of my dodgy knee and hope my gout doesn’t flare up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose a minimum of 20 will be required for the play off games.
According to this article it still hasn’t been decided how many players will be in the match day squads for the Championship and presumably we will be following their lead.

Sarcy Sid

I'm 54 and would have a crack at running 100 laps of SJP to try and raise funds if anyone thought it would do any good. Not sure if there would be sufficient interest to raise enough funds to make it viable but a genuine offer if anyone feels they have the power to make it happen and that it would be worthwhile.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to this article it still hasn’t been decided how many players will be in the match day squads for the Championship and presumably we will be following their lead.
QPR fella says that there has been no consultation with individual clubs yet the EFL statement from yesterday says:

"During the weekend’s discussions it was further agreed to consider changing Regulations to permit the use of five substitutes in the remaining fixtures and, also increasing the matchday squad from 18 to 20 players. Discussions will continue with Championship Clubs in this respect."

Banksy

QPR’s statement illustrates what happens when a middle table club has absolutely nothing to play for either way.
Why should they bother about the rush to promote the top teams? So they could just put out a weak team made up of odds and ends of players just to fulfil the fixtures.Complete and utter farce.

LOG

QPR’s statement illustrates what happens when a middle table club has absolutely nothing to play for either way.
Why should they bother about the rush to promote the top teams? So they could just put out a weak team made up of odds and ends of players just to fulfil the fixtures.Complete and utter farce.
I'm not sure how it could/would be enforced by EFL Regulation 24 states:

"24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit."

Colesman Ballz

Totally in contrast to the events of recent years, when they had to agree to a £42, 000,000 settlement to the EFL for breaking all the spending rules, plus cop a transfer ban ! I wonder what the EFL did with all the dosh, apart from pay off their carp former Chief Executive ? Just £1.5m would probably cover the costs incurred the four League 2 clubs to compete in the playoffs ! :cool: