• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone gonna 'fess up to having Black Rock investments in their pension schemes ?

geoffwp

I don't agree that it's only a small percentage of footballers who donate to charities, run charities, or do other community work. I believe most of them do realize that they are very fortunate
But my main points are:
1. They should have been given time to organise something.
2. It is totally unfair to single them out. Imagine that you were in the process of organising a way of giving financial help to the NHS or other charitable irganization and Handcock said "Lego should be giving 30% of his salary to....... Why isn't he?
3. Meanwhile Hancock failed to mention the thousands of fat cats who earn a footballer's annual salary in a week.
4. This was a cheap shot by Hancock, divisive, and a clear deflection from his own total incompetence and deceits. The more I hear and see if Hancock the more disgraceful I find him. He's a small man morally
Disagree with you completely re prem footballers. I think you're allowing your dislike (fair comment that it is) to Hancock to allow the footballers off the hook. There are a lot of snouts in the prem trough, but be that as it may it's the total lack of importance of these people that is the main point. The world has changed about hasnt it, we all know now who the important people are and it definitely isn't pro footballers.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Just putting this out there..

I was under the impression that the Players union PFA has more power that any union in the land. The premiership and league all tend to bend over and hand out lube as the Players union give forth any judgements.. The players will need to be payed as their contracts suggests and if clubs dont they automatically break the contract..

it will be interesting to see what comes out of this.. the bosman ruling still bites even until this day....

ex_user1234

Resigned
Just putting this out there..

I was under the impression that the Players union PFA has more power that any union in the land. The premiership and league all tend to bend over and hand out lube as the Players union give forth any judgements.. The players will need to be payed as their contracts suggests and if clubs dont they automatically break the contract..

it will be interesting to see what comes out of this.. the bosman ruling still bites even until this day....
Good point about the lube. Very true.

Many business owners I've spoken to have asked their staff to be furloughed and they've all said yes as they want their company to survive and keep their jobs. You can't just furlough people though or you're breaking employment law. You must email the staff a temporary adjustment to their contract and they have to write back saying they agree. Which is why this notion of ECFC being different somehow to every other type of business is completely wrong. All furloughing is voluntary. If the player agrees to it, the PFA can do nothing to stop it. Hence why Forest Green, Argyle etc have gone ahead and done it. They've made the case to their players that if they don't furlough them then the risk is the club goes bust at a later date. The players, being logical human beings, have agreed. All that is missing from City is the will to do it. And it is costing the club a fortune by not doing it.

Legohead

Banned
City need to furlough staff asap. There is no other option for a club in our position. If that means we risk losing players for nothing (although not sure how accurate this is) then fine. The club needs to do what it can to a) survive and b) lose as little money as possible.

IndoMike

Disagree with you completely re prem footballers. I think you're allowing your dislike (fair comment that it is) to Hancock to allow the footballers off the hook. There are a lot of snouts in the prem trough, but be that as it may it's the total lack of importance of these people that is the main point. The world has changed about hasnt it, we all know now who the important people are and it definitely isn't pro footballers.
Who said the players were more important than anyone else? I don't think anybody is more important than anybody else
I'm saying give the players time to sort something out. If they don't, then I''m wrong : if they do, then I'm right.
Regarding Hancock : I'm right. There are many people far richer than footballers that he could have singled out.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Who said the players were more important than anyone else? I don't think anybody is more important than anybody else
I'm saying give the players time to sort something out. If they don't, then I''m wrong : if they do, then I'm right.
Regarding Hancock : I'm right. There are many people far richer than footballers that he could have singled out.
Why do you keep bringing up politics in a thread about furloughing City's players? Just start a new thread, no?

geoffwp

No one said it Mike, but they believe it. You can read it into every comment, every abuse case, every drunk driving case. It's THEY who think it and they now need to see that really they aren't. They can all do that by firstly making sure that all staff who work for the club's doesnt lose out by giving back.

IndoMike

Why do you keep bringing up politics in a thread about furloughing City's players? Just start a new thread, no?
Because the topic changed towards PL players contributing, and Hancock singled them out for criticism. And that's why I brought up Hancock.
So I didn't bring up, politics : I brought up Hancock. Get it?

IndoMike

No one said it Mike, but they believe it. You can read it into every comment, every abuse case, every drunk driving case. It's THEY who think it and they now need to see that really they aren't. They can all do that by firstly making sure that all staff who work for the club's doesnt lose out by giving back.
Geoff - in every profession there are the good guys and the bad guys. Most are the good guys, but a few are the bad guys.
Seems that Hancock has achieved his mission very successfully to divert attention from his failure to provide sufficient PPE, testing et al.
Yes! It's all the pro-footballers fault !!