• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

ex_user1234

Resigned
Haha. That is funny. You really have got the wrong guy.

1. I always play around with names on Exeweb and in life.
2. i spend half my life on Exeweb attacking xenophobia. Please see the Brexit thread and the Politics thread for more details
3. i have lived in Germany, Spain and Indonesia for a total of more than half my life and have friends from all those countries. And I love France.
4. My wife, her family, and most of my current friends are Indonesian

You see, you make assumptions that are totally wrong. Maybe you're doing the same about the club?
You referred to me as "the Gaul". I'm sure you're not xenophobic in any way, but it felt like an attempt to objectify me as something "other".

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Fred. I didn't say your opinion was strange. I said it was strange for you to demand I apologise for having an opinion. Ed
What a strange reply 😂

IndoMike

You referred to me as "the Gaul". I'm sure you're not xenophobic in any way, but it felt like an attempt to objectify me as something "other".
Well, you were totally wrong. I was/am one of the biggest REMAINERS on Exeweb and have had a zillion arguments about it.
Strangely enough, I have been called anti-British (that's bs), a traitor and a disgrace when I've pointed out failures of our Government, when I've been pro-immigration etc.
I'm international, mate.

IndoMike

I agree with what Wayne Rooney says in the attached article and think it is a disgrace and very divisive that Handcock has used pro footballers to divert attention
from the Govt's and Handcock's complete failure to protect our medical profession.
Will we see Rees-Smug and his ilk giving up money to the NHS or to charity? I doubt it.
Pro-footballers have a tradition of helping the community and setting up charities : I'm sure that they don't need their arms twisted to sort something out.
Be fair.

Legohead

Banned
A small percentage of pro-footballers have a tradition of helping the community and setting up charities. To assume it is all of them or even a majority wouldn't be reasonable IMO Mike. Take what you are saying though and there are many footballers out there who go above and beyond without any publicity but we're talking a small percentage of the overall numbers of pro footballers there are I would presume?

For the positions they hold and the positions in the community i'd say that most need to be doing a lot more and that is not withstanding this current crisis.

Rosencrantz

I agree with what Wayne Rooney says in the attached article and think it is a disgrace and very divisive that Handcock has used pro footballers to divert attention
from the Govt's and Handcock's complete failure to protect our medical profession.
Will we see Rees-Smug and his ilk giving up money to the NHS or to charity? I doubt it.
Pro-footballers have a tradition of helping the community and setting up charities : I'm sure that they don't need their arms twisted to sort something out.
Be fair.
I'm looking forward to BlackRock and the likes donating their profits from betting against the market to the various health organisations around the world and if not announced and actioned this week, the government calling them out on it.

IndoMike

A small percentage of pro-footballers have a tradition of helping the community and setting up charities. To assume it is all of them or even a majority wouldn't be reasonable IMO Mike. Take what you are saying though and there are many footballers out there who go above and beyond without any publicity but we're talking a small percentage of the overall numbers of pro footballers there are I would presume?

For the positions they hold and the positions in the community i'd say that most need to be doing a lot more and that is not withstanding this current crisis.
I don't agree that it's only a small percentage of footballers who donate to charities, run charities, or do other community work. I believe most of them do realize that they are very fortunate
But my main points are:
1. They should have been given time to organise something.
2. It is totally unfair to single them out. Imagine that you were in the process of organising a way of giving financial help to the NHS or other charitable irganization and Handcock said "Lego should be giving 30% of his salary to....... Why isn't he?
3. Meanwhile Hancock failed to mention the thousands of fat cats who earn a footballer's annual salary in a week.
4. This was a cheap shot by Hancock, divisive, and a clear deflection from his own total incompetence and deceits. The more I hear and see if Hancock the more disgraceful I find him. He's a small man morally

Last edited:

IndoMike

I'm looking forward to BlackRock and the likes donating their profits from betting against the market to the various health organisations around the world and if not announced and actioned this week, the government calling them out on it.
And if the government calls them out, so what?
And have you checked if they are direct or indirect contributors to the Tory Party yet?

Rosencrantz

And if the government calls them out, so what?
And have you checked if they are direct or indirect contributors to the Tory Party yet?
They all know who to contribute to when election time comes around and who to offer places on the board.

IndoMike

They all know who to contribute to when election time comes around and who to offer places on the board.
Yep, that is close to the mark.