• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I completely agree. The modus operandi is always "getting by". Sadly a lot of fans (certainly who comment on Exeweb) seem to be more than happy with this state of affairs. They equate ambition at City with greed and recklessness, even though they are ambitious in their own lives, from wanting their kids to get good grades at school, to them getting a raise at work. And because of many fans' stunningly low expectations for City, we should not be surprised that the club are happy to settle for mediocrity. Even better if the club can revel in the martyrdom of not having any money. That then makes them miracle workers for keeping us in League 2.
It s you that seem to wallow in martyrdom.
You could not even get through a Trust Board election with eight places on offer and only ten candidates. Hardly a sign of competence. Your people skills are clearly lacking, yet you wanted to get involved in activities that require people skills.
And it is an insult for you to say that the Trust members did not vote for you because "it's who you know, not what you know" Do you have any evidence of that?
Are you saying that the voters were too stupid to perceive your genius?
Your ideas were crap, your posts turned people off, and your ego is much
bigger than it deserves.
You really think you have all the answers and the Trust Board hasn't got a clue? Do me a favour. You think they don't know what they're doing? The fact that they wouldn't share information with you says more about you than them.
Finally, I'm sure the club or TB will release the relevant information at the appropriate time when everything has been sorted, and release it to EVERYONE simultaneously.
Why should you have priority : you're just another fan, after all.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It s you that seem to wallow in martyrdom.
You could not even get through a Trust Board election with eight places on offer and only ten candidates. Hardly a sign of competence. Your people skills are clearly lacking, yet you wanted to get involved in activities that require people skills.
And it is an insult for you to say that the Trust members did not vote for you because "it's who you know, not what you know" Do you have any evidence of that?
Are you saying that the voters were too stupid to perceive your genius?
Your ideas were crap, your posts turned people off, and your ego is much
bigger than it deserves.
You really think you have all the answers and the Trust Board hasn't got a clue? Do me a favour. You think they don't know what they're doing? The fact that they wouldn't share information with you says more about you than them.
Finally, I'm sure the club or TB will release the relevant information at the appropriate time when everything has been sorted, and release it to EVERYONE simultaneously.
Why should you have priority : you're just another fan, after all.
Hell freezes over !!
Finally I agree with Micky on something , Even before the elections took place Ed you came across as bit like your nose was out of place and now you certainly come across as just bitter for not being elected to the Trust board.

As has been said what gives you or anyone else the right to be informed of anything that may be considered confidential for staff only ?

IndoMike

Hell freezes over !!
Finally I agree with Micky on something , Even before the elections took place Ed you came across as bit like your nose was out of place and now you certainly come across as just bitter for not being elected to the Trust board.

As has been said what gives you or anyone else the right to be informed of anything that may be considered confidential for staff only ?
Could this be the start of a new relationship built on trust and friendship? Surely not 😂.
But I think my analysis of the Gaul was right and glad you agree.

fred binneys head

I completely agree. The modus operandi is always "getting by". Sadly a lot of fans (certainly who comment on Exeweb) seem to be more than happy with this state of affairs. They equate ambition at City with greed and recklessness, even though they are ambitious in their own lives, from wanting their kids to get good grades at school, to them getting a raise at work. And because of many fans' stunningly low expectations for City, we should not be surprised that the club are happy to settle for mediocrity. Even better if the club can revel in the martyrdom of not having any money. That then makes them miracle workers for keeping us in League 2.
Way too harsh in my opinion. Being proud of what we’ve achieved so far and not wanting to go back to the way things were before, in an era which is far more risky than before, is not being “happy to settle for mediocrity”.

And I can’t see anyone who would wish to “revel in the martyrdom of not having any money”, just well-meaning people working extremely hard.

I think an apology is in order.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Could this be the start of a new relationship built on trust and friendship? Surely not 😂.
But I think my analysis of the Gaul was right and glad you agree.
You are coming across as a xenophobe.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Hell freezes over !!

Hi Ramone. I was a change candidate. People didn't want that, which I completely accept. What I find odd though is how my occasional constructive criticism is perceived as disloyalty. I have also never asked to be informed of answers for myself only. What would the point of that be? I am asking for the fans to be updated on what is going on. Is that too much to ask for a fan-owned club? Really? Imagine the government taking that stance with the coronavirus and shutting down all questions from the public.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Way too harsh in my opinion. Being proud of what we’ve achieved so far and not wanting to go back to the way things were before, in an era which is far more risky than before, is not being “happy to settle for mediocrity”.

And I can’t see anyone who would wish to “revel in the martyrdom of not having any money”, just well-meaning people working extremely hard.

I think an apology is in order.
I have consistently said on here that all those involved are decent people who work very hard and love the club. Do they, in my opinion, accept mediocrity too easily? Yes. Do some City fans, in my opinion, have stunningly low expectations? Yes. These are opinions. I happen to think they are true, but if you disagree that's fine. Asking me to apologise for having an opinion is strange.

fred binneys head

You said people at the club revelled in martyrdom. I think that is out of order and you should apologise for that. You’re entitled to disagree and choose not to, just like you’re entitled to think my opinion is strange.

IndoMike

You are coming across as a xenophobe.
Haha. That is funny. You really have got the wrong guy.

1. I always play around with names on Exeweb and in life.
2. i spend half my life on Exeweb attacking xenophobia. Please see the Brexit thread and the Politics thread for more details
3. i have lived in Germany, Spain and Indonesia for a total of more than half my life and have friends from all those countries. And I love France.
4. My wife, her family, and most of my current friends are Indonesian

You see, you make assumptions that are totally wrong. Maybe you're doing the same about the club?
You should be a politician : you clearly try to deflect criticism to other parts.
I apologised TO you : I expect an apology now FROM you.

Last edited:

ex_user1234

Resigned
You said people at the club revelled in martyrdom. I think that is out of order and you should apologise for that. You’re entitled to disagree and choose not to, just like you’re entitled to think my opinion is strange.
Hi Fred. I didn't say your opinion was strange. I said it was strange for you to demand I apologise for having an opinion. Ed