• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is my understanding too. Payments to furloughed employees still have to go through company payroll then the employer is reimbursed.
Lots of employers wont have enough money to 'sub' the Government until the end of April. These guys are being told to go to the banks who are asking business owners for personal guarantees against loans which are already being largely guaranteed by Government...Surely, this time the banks must be sliced up and fed to the sharks...

Red Devon

All of the Fleetwood Town squad have been put on furlough leave including Joey Barton.

malcolms

All of the Fleetwood Town squad have been put on furlough leave including Joey Barton.
Bearing in mind the ability to inform HMRC is not yet up and running, this is an announcement of intention rather than factual reality. If the players are still remaining fit in order to carry out their job, then the interpretation of whether they are still performing a role for their employer is a tricky on...

Alistair20000

Bearing in mind the ability to inform HMRC is not yet up and running, this is an announcement of intention rather than factual reality. If the players are still remaining fit in order to carry out their job, then the interpretation of whether they are still performing a role for their employer is a tricky on...
Common sense needs to prevail but rely on the plodders in the Civil Service to apply petty legalistic interpretations.

Red Devon

Common sense needs to prevail but rely on the plodders in the Civil Service to apply petty legalistic interpretations.
Plus the important thing to remember is that all payments will be backdated from June 1st

malcolms

Plus the important thing to remember is that all payments will be backdated from June 1st
Assuming they are on PAYE, its payable from March 1st and will be up and running by the end of April (Apparently)

Red Devon

So! Are we any further forward on this

ex_user1234

Resigned
So! Are we any further forward on this
No, but fair play to you for bringing up the issue. Keep it up!

Red Devon

No, but fair play to you for bringing up the issue. Keep it up!
Just my opinion but the club (trust) whatever you want to call it have always revelled in the fact that they have never had a penny to scratch their arse with. I just wish this mentality would change.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Just my opinion but the club (trust) whatever you want to call it have always revelled in the fact that they have never had a penny to scratch their arse with. I just wish this mentality would change.
I completely agree. The modus operandi is always "getting by". Sadly a lot of fans (certainly who comment on Exeweb) seem to be more than happy with this state of affairs. They equate ambition at City with greed and recklessness, even though they are ambitious in their own lives, from wanting their kids to get good grades at school, to them getting a raise at work. And because of many fans' stunningly low expectations for City, we should not be surprised that the club are happy to settle for mediocrity. Even better if the club can revel in the martyrdom of not having any money. That then makes them miracle workers for keeping us in League 2.