• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Full backs

grecian55

Maybe Lloyd James could play full back cos he can't play Midfield ?

Last edited:
Maybe Lloyd James could play full back cos he can't play Midfield ?
Made me laugh and cry at the same time!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen a more 'nearly' player than him in my lifetime. He can 'nearly' pass well, he can 'nearly' tackle well, he can 'nearly' run, he can 'nearly' take a good corner, he's 'nearly' in the right position, he can 'nearly' influence a game positively with his experience but he can certainly pick up a stupid booking once in a while so that's something......... He is your typical 4 out of 10 at everything player who isn't actually good enough at anything to make him actually useful.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Made me laugh and cry at the same time!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen a more 'nearly' player than him in my lifetime. He can 'nearly' pass well, he can 'nearly' tackle well, he can 'nearly' run, he can 'nearly' take a good corner, he's 'nearly' in the right position, he can 'nearly' influence a game positively with his experience but he can certainly pick up a stupid booking once in a while so that's something......... He is your typical 4 out of 10 at everything player who isn't actually good enough at anything to make him actually useful.
The manager signs the players and picks the team. Presumably Tizzy sees something in his play that nobody else does. Can't really blame players as long as they give their best. If their best is not good enough for the level, the manager should do something about it, and fast.

andrew p long

The manager signs the players and picks the team. Presumably Tizzy sees something in his play that nobody else does. Can't really blame players as long as they give their best. If their best is not good enough for the level, the manager should do something about it, and fast.
I think that Lloyd James is a good player who is not at his best this season for a variety of reasons. The stats show he's been picked for 200 games by managers other than Tis,mostly at levels higher than league two, and with some success getting Orient to within a game of the Championship.

The problem is that there isn't an obvious defensive midfield alternative to play 90 minutes - McCready is injured,Tillson alternates between good and not so good, Oakley at 39 can't do 90 minutes etc. Therefore James has had to play through good spells and bad,personal difficulties etc.He could have done with the occasional break. Has anyone played more minutes for City than James this season? 44 appearances so far..

Therefore Luke Young at Torquay would be top of my list for summer recruitment , followed by Jack Stacey (would have to be another loan as he's contracted to Reading for two more years) and a right back (someone like Ribeiro, though he is contracted to Oxford for another year, I think)

ECFC Music

I think that Lloyd James is a good player who is not at his best this season for a variety of reasons. The stats show he's been picked for 200 games by managers other than Tis,mostly at levels higher than league two, and with some success getting Orient to within a game of the Championship.

The problem is that there isn't an obvious defensive midfield alternative to play 90 minutes - McCready is injured,Tillson alternates between good and not so good, Oakley at 39 can't do 90 minutes etc. Therefore James has had to play through good spells and bad,personal difficulties etc.He could have done with the occasional break. Has anyone played more minutes for City than James this season? 44 appearances so far..
His previous record counts for nothing,it's what he has achieved at Exeter that forms fan's opinions.
44 appearances too many - ok an exaggeration maybe but be realistic he has had numerous opportunities to come good even though our midfield frequently lacks control in games . You can't blame others , look at his passing for example it's rarely creative and even simple passes are misjudged ie the two to Sweeney straight into touch against Newport. Maybe it's significant Tis has subbed him a number of times recently - i certainly hope so.

IndoMike

Therefore Luke Young at Torquay would be top of my list for summer recruitment , followed by Jack Stacey (would have to be another loan as he's contracted to Reading for two more years) and a right back (someone like Ribeiro, though he is contracted to Oxford for another year, I think)
If playing too many games or having personal difficulties has affected his not impressive level of performance throughout this season, the manager should have done something to support the player. At the moment 2 of our 3 loan players + Oakley + TAH have contributed very little and used up valuable income.

Last edited:

Number13

Croll hasn't done much, agreed but who is the other loan failure?

Stacey has been very good so who have I missed?

IndoMike

Croll hasn't done much, agreed but who is the other loan failure?

Stacey has been very good so who have I missed?
Isn't Sweeney a loan player? If not, I'm so sorry

LOG

He's the 1931 funded player.

Red Bill

And until his injury I thought he was our best 1931 yet.