• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Squeezebox

So if we bought him back, would we get a percentage of that thus lowering the overall fee?!!

Bridgy 81

May be time in the summer for Matt - who got the assist for their goal last night - to move on if Swansea are to become a permanently struggling Championship side(or worse).
Nice place to live though.
The city itself perhaps isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but we like it and go there often (most recently last week).
I imagine the majority of the Swansea players live out towards the Gower Peninsula area.
Incredible beaches and scenery, their training complex is out that way, but it’s still only 20 minutes or so from the city centre and their stadium.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So if we bought him back, would we get a percentage of that thus lowering the overall fee?!!
I am not totally convinced that there is a sell on fee anyway. I do not recall this ever being confirmed officially by the Club. At the time it was said that Swansea were insisting on a one off fee without add ons (albeit paid in four tranches over two seasons ). If we did therefore negotiate a sell on percentage that will have represented good work in the prevailing conditions. On the plus side there was strong competition for his signature with the likes of Everton also being in for him, but set against that was our desperate need to sell as a result of the deep financial "doo doo" that we were in. The infamous admission from our Finance Director re "taking our eye of the ball" was putting it rather mildly with PFA Loans and resulting transfer bans being necessary to bale us out.
I really do hope that a sell on exists however unlikely a move might be at present. A direct question to El Presidente at a forum may provide a definitive answer.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I am not totally convinced that there is a sell on fee anyway. I do not recall this ever being confirmed officially by the Club. At the time it was said that Swansea were insisting on a one off fee without add ons (albeit paid in four tranches over two seasons ). If we did therefore negotiate a sell on percentage that will have represented good work in the prevailing conditions. On the plus side there was strong competition for his signature with the likes of Everton also being in for him, but set against that was our desperate need to sell as a result of the deep financial "doo doo" that we were in. The infamous admission from our Finance Director re "taking our eye of the ball" was putting it rather mildly with PFA Loans and resulting transfer bans being necessary to bale us out.
I really do hope that a sell on exists however unlikely a move might be at present. A direct question to El Presidente at a forum may provide a definitive answer.
Taggy confirmed at one of the fans forum (i think it was last January) that there is a 10% sell on fee for Matt Grimes.

Oldsmobile-88

Taggy confirmed at one of the fans forum (i think it was last January) that there is a 10% sell on fee for Matt Grimes.
That’s good business considering the transfer fee.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What would Grimes be worth in the current market? 5-10m?

iscalad

Do we still have a sell on for MG?
James Coppinger comes to mind.

Christian

Not sure if already been mentioned...but ex-youth player signs for Swansea.
Swansea City academy welcome new scholar Jack Fanning | Swansea

iscalad

Not sure if already been mentioned...but ex-youth player signs for Swansea.
Swansea City academy welcome new scholar Jack Fanning | Swansea
Did we release him?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did we release him?
Yes