• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

SaintJames

That could turn out to be a good move for him.
I appreciate Gillingham are currently bottom of League 2 and have been on the slide for a while.
But their longtime owner has just sold up to an American business man and presumably he intends to spend some money to ensure they pull away from the relegation zone.
Crawley aren’t far above them in the league and I think Gillingham have the greater potential to progress if they get sufficient backing.
They’ve got a decent stadium, apart from that weird away stand that’s made out of scaffolding, and a large catchment area of supporters.
Plus, Gillingham is only about an hour from Crawley so he won’t even need to move house.
I agree Bridgy that's a good move for Tom. As to whether he will need to move depends on whether he moved to Crawley. Gillingham not the easiest of places to get to from the south

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jayden Stockley relieved of captaincy at The Valley.
Seems out of favour with the new manager. Hmmmmm?

wiveygrecian

Jayden Stockley relieved of captaincy at The Valley.
Seems out of favour with the new manager. Hmmmmm?
Yes quite alot of Charlton fans don’t like him either . Lots of talk of a loan somewhere in January!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes quite alot of Charlton fans don’t like him either . Lots of talk of a loan somewhere in January!!
Another reminder of how crazy League One finances are that we almost certainly couldn't afford the wages of a player out of favour at a club below us in the league.

Banksy

That would do us some good! Can’t see it in a month of Sundays though , too rich for us.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There must also be few people left at City from his last spell with us. Sweenz is probably the only player and the backroom staff have all changed so I doubt we'd be any more appealing to him than anywhere else. If we could afford him.

But I'd love to see it.

manc grecian

Even if we had that sort of money I'd rather spend it on other areas of the pitch

lamrobhero

I do not think that Mr Stockley's style of play is suitable.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jayden Stockley was an option we can afford then we should snap that up quickly and efficiently.

I highly doubt we will be able to afford him though. Imagine Stockley, Nombe, Stanno, Brown, Jay and Cox as our available strikers. No one on the bottom half will have better than that.

andrew p long

You are Gary Caldwell and I claim my £5!