• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I aways thought (and said so on these boards, though some disagreed strongly) that Tilly got a lot of unfair criticism when at City, and that Tis never really used him in the most effective manner. Good to see him holding a regular place in the SPL. Owura Edwards also seems to be doing OK there, he was shifted to WB for the game last Saturday and the BBC report said he was MoM.
Agree 100% with you about Tilly.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I aways thought (and said so on these boards, though some disagreed strongly) that Tilly got a lot of unfair criticism when at City, and that Tis never really used him in the most effective manner. Good to see him holding a regular place in the SPL. Owura Edwards also seems to be doing OK there, he was shifted to WB for the game last Saturday and the BBC report said he was MoM.
I agree that Tillson was under-appreciated by many fans at ECFC and that it is good to see him a regular in the SPL so many seasons after MT discarded him.
But I think the criticism of Tis is a tad unfair. In 2017-18 Jordan Tillson started 39 league games (including the play offs) with a record of winning more than half of them, so lots must have been going right.
My assessment would be that Tis was in that season getting the most out of a player who had/has technical limitations.

Rosencrantz

Tilly was good at what he did in midfield which was mostly as a destructive presence. He was also a first class pro. Whether he would have been part of a promotion winning midfield I would very much doubt. Collins and Dieng showed the way as a combination and Kite does all that Tilly did but is a lot better on the ball. Would probably have had more affect than Nige ended up having but much like Nige would have been fourth choice with a few minutes here and there.

fred binneys head

I always rated Tillson as a great ball winner. I didn’t like the fact that once he’d won it, he passed it back to the opposition. If he’s improved that aspect of his game then all credit to him.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that Tillson was under-appreciated by many fans at ECFC and that it is good to see him a regular in the SPL so many seasons after MT discarded him.
But I think the criticism of Tis is a tad unfair. In 2017-18 Jordan Tillson started 39 league games (including the play offs) with a record of winning more than half of them, so lots must have been going right.
My assessment would be that Tis was in that season getting the most out of a player who had/has technical limitations.
I remember sitting next to Tilly the home game after he had broken one of his metatarsal bones early in the 2nd half v Luton.
Jordan knew what had happened and because all the subs had been used he decided not to go down injured and played through the pain barrier.
When he got off the pitch they had to cut off his boot !

Some players might not be blessed with all the skills but play with for their club through thick and thin like Tilly did for us.

UTC & Up the Tilly !

SaintJames

crocks

Alex Fisher with a brace this afternoon

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Alex Fisher with a brace this afternoon
Misses a penalty for his hat trick

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben opens scoring in PP’s 3-1 win home to Hayes and Yeading.

I saw Amond play for Woking against Boreham Wood today. He played well before being taken off towards the end.