• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed many “football experts” on here treated MJ in a similar manner in his early days and I will love to see Ben go on to prove them wrong again.
I, too, hope Ben goes on to have a stellar career. However, even if this happens, I'm not sure it will require anyone to eat any humble pie. He was given plenty of opportunities at Exeter and on the basis of what he delivered plainly wasn't up to the required standard.

It's not as if anyone is basing their opinion of Ben on a handful of games; that being the case, not sure why pointing out the blindingly obvious is the cause of such consternation in some quarters.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he does prove the cynics wrong (which I doubt) the question will be why he couldn't perform for City while he was with us for so many years.
We have had a few that went on to prove their detractors wrong.

One I remember in particular Sean Canham used to play centre forward early 2000s he was very ungainly and had a distinctive appearance with an unusually long neck.

He left us for Notts County when they were still in the league and went on to have a decent career playing in Australia.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he does prove the cynics wrong (which I doubt) the question will be why he couldn't perform for City while he was with us for so many years.
Yes Mike and banging them in at Plymouth Parkway (should Ben do so) is hardly the same as being of the calibre to have a career in the football league.

Wish Ben the best of luck at his new club. However, SL Premier South is further away from LI than the PL is from L1.

chunkymorrinmunter

Is Andrew Sowden ,young keeper,a former player or is he still on the books.

Tim Long

Average Joe

I liked Lee, thought he was a good player.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Andrew Sowden ,young keeper,a former player or is he still on the books.
He was a first year trainee last season so should be starting his second year. Haven't seen him around in the videos though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tristan Abrahams who was on loan at Grimsby last season has left Grimsby and joined Eastleigh.

dontpassback

Tristan Abrahams who was on loan at Grimsby last season has left Grimsby and joined Eastleigh.
Plenty of money floating about in national league