• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Serious question : which position would you play him in? MJ's, Dieng's or Key's? Or just as a utility player?
None of the above as he doesn't play in either of their positions. If Wheeler did come back it would mean a change of shape to the side for him to get in.

IndoMike

None of the above as he doesn't play in either of their positions. If Wheeler did come back it would mean a change of shape to the side for him to get in.
So, in which position? When he was last with us he was a kind of right winger drifting in to central attacking positions..

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, in which position? When he was last with us he was a kind of right winger drifting in to central attacking positions..
Exactly that. It would require a shift to a flat back four to accommodate him there though. I think the Key will be a player sale 🤫

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Serious question : which position would you play him in? MJ's, Dieng's or Key's? Or just as a utility player?
Another of his strengths is his versatility. He can play right mid or in a no 10 role. I'm sure with his speed and stamina he'd also fit nicely in Josh Keys wing back role.

Alistair20000

Exactly that. It would require a shift to a flat back four to accommodate him there though. I think the Key will be a player sale 🤫
So to where is Josh Key departing ? My money is on Blackburn.

grecIAN Harris

Another of his strengths is his versatility. He can play right mid or in a no 10 role. I'm sure with his speed and stamina he'd also fit nicely in Josh Keys wing back role.
Number 10's are clever and inventive with the ball at their feet. Good as Wheeler is at what he does, clever and inventive with the ball at his feet isn't one of them.

SaintJames

Former member of staff in our Academy Chris Hargreaves gets the Manager's job up the road at Yeovil. Could be a useful link in terms of getting some of our players like Harry Lee and maybe Sonny Cox loans?

Bridgy 81

and Taunton are now just one division below Yeovil in Conference South (same league as Bath and Chippenham) and maybe Weymouth?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Former member of staff in our Academy Chris Hargreaves gets the Manager's job up the road at Yeovil. Could be a useful link in terms of getting some of our players like Harry Lee and maybe Sonny Cox loans?
I expect City will want these youngsters to train with us during the week. That is unlikely if they go to Yeovil who are a full time club.

Bridgy 81

I think now we’re League One we may need to revise who we loan our young players to.
I appreciate National League clubs are mainly full time but I doubt Conference South ones are.
So, we may need to be prepared to allow our loanees to train with their host clubs, as we’ll need them to get experience higher up the pyramid.
One of the challenges of moving up the leagues!