• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not doubting for a second the importance of the match for Moxers and for all but it does seem highly unusual to miss a league match for a charity event..even if the league match was a dead rubber.
I agree. If Torquay granted him permission to play the charity game and miss a league game then it's all a bit village fête

Bridgy 81

I agree. If Torquay granted him permission to play the charity game and miss a league game then it's all a bit village fête
Again, respect your view, but disagree.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can only assume thats it for him at Torquay then - not suggesting its not amicable just that playing in a charity game during the season doesnt smack of committed to next year
Sorry can’t agree he and Stanno were close so nothing at all unusual going on here.

SaintJames

Alex Moyse from what I hear from friends who are Torquay supporters is highly rated by the club and they expect big things from him next season. Could he turn out to be a player that was released in error?

On the other hand, they are expecting Dean Moxey not to be offered a new contract. His legs have gone and he is now a liability defensively.
Exceptionally early to judge in terms of Alex Moyse. Others can speak as I have no recollection of him but was he close to a contract with us? What position does he play? With regards to Deano personally I though his legs had gone midway through the last season with us so he has done very well to keep playing

DawlishBouy

Exceptionally early to judge in terms of Alex Moyse. Others can speak as I have no recollection of him but was he close to a contract with us? What position does he play? With regards to Deano personally I though his legs had gone midway through the last season with us so he has done very well to keep playing
I don’t recall him being in any of the televised (youtubed?) games so haven’t seen him play. He’s a central midfielder. Went on loan to Tiverton last September but failed to get much game time. Maybe Rosencratz watched him. Went on loan to Bideford from January to the end of the season playing 18 games but couldnt play against our under 17’s in the Devon Bowl Final because he had played for Tivvy in an earlier round.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t recall him being in any of the televised (youtubed?) games so haven’t seen him play. He’s a central midfielder. Went on loan to Tiverton last September but failed to get much game time. Maybe Rosencratz watched him. Went on loan to Bideford from January to the end of the season playing 18 games but couldnt play against our under 17’s in the Devon Bowl Final because he had played for Tivvy in an earlier round.
The only clear memory of seeing Alex play was in the Devon Bowl Final in 2019 when he was either just about to start his scholarship and in the Youth Cup games during lockdown on YouTube. Neat and tidy midfielder was my impression. Haven't yet seen him play live as such yet.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I respect your view, but in the circumstances of the connection between Deano and Stanno and that Torquay’s game was, as you say, a dead rubber, I disagree.
Quite. Think Deano was one of Stano’s best pals - not at all inconceivable he was keen to be involved.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Gary Johnson, Moxey was injured. Presume he wasn’t fit enough to play in a competitive fixture but was okay to play in a friendly. As an aside, would Gary Johnson have managed Stano at Yeovil? If so, I dare say he was happy to accommodate Deano.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the other hand, they are expecting Dean Moxey not to be offered a new contract. His legs have gone and he is now a liability defensively.
Really? According to the Gulls’ player of the year, he thought Deano was a more obvious contender for player of the year than he was.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Dean Moxey and Alex Moyse offered new Torquay contracts, but are among 13 players (recently?) offered deals who are yet to sign them.