• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone gives their opinion. You say, 'Get back in your box.' In other words, 'I can't handle reading/hearing your views so I'll try to silence you (while also hinting that you are sheltered).'

It's a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears; the sort of thing a child does when they're angry. It's saying "Shut up" rather than "I have a different opinion to you." The type of behaviour which very much meets my definition of a tantrum.

The person you had just previously accused of 'having a temperamental tantrum' (I'll assume you meant 'temper tantrum' here) had merely expressed that Pym wasn't a very good 'keeper. But your behaviour was far closer to a tantrum than his - and it was you who introduced the word 'tantrum' into the conversation. Ironic, really. Bit of self-awareness wouldn't hurt to be honest...
If you'd said abruptly dissmisive bordering on, in your mild mannered world, rude then you might be close to the mark. How's that for 'self awareness'? As for his opinion about Pym, I couldn't give a toss, as it wasn't what I was on about. It was the dillusional thought that he would be back here this season. Did you advise your mate about having a logical thought process before posting first............. probably not.

gilbertshoot

If you'd said abruptly dissmisive bordering on, in your mild mannered world, rude then you might be close to the mark. How's that for 'self awareness'? As for his opinion about Pym, I couldn't give a toss, as it wasn't what I was on about. It was the dillusional thought that he would be back here this season. Did you advise your mate about having a logical thought process before posting first............. probably not.
Christ, Ian! How old are you exactly? You seem to jump down people's throats at the merest opinion. We all love this club but might disagree occasionally about how the team is run, signings, formations etc but your rants do you no favours and probably alienate many on here.

grecIAN Harris

Christ, Ian! How old are you exactly? You seem to jump down people's throats at the merest opinion. We all love this club but might disagree occasionally about how the team is run, signings, formations etc but your rants do you no favours and probably alienate many on here.
He asked for some self awareness.......... I'd suggest if anybody is jumping down throats you may not need to look any further than above. First line with an exclamation mark, need I go any further?

gilbertshoot

He asked for some self awareness.......... I'd suggest if anybody is jumping down throats you may not need to look any further than above. First line with an exclamation mark, need I go any further?
Whatever, Ian. Whatever.

Average Joe

Can we please stick to topic.

iscalad

Can we please stick to topic.
I prefer Snickers

Rosencrantz

I prefer Snickers
Its all gone nuts on here.

Banksy

Interesting though all this is I’ve got to leave .Got to let the Kit Kat in.

arthur

Oh dear. Another one in from the over reactionist club.🙄 Please explain how reckon I was having a tantrum, I'd love to know.😁
It is possible to disagree with someone without belittling them

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'd be disappointed to have to close this thread. Perhaps some of you could take your pointless discussion about who has the biggest willy elsewhere.