• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Christy might have got away with arguing back with Tisdale, but Darren Ferguson is another mater!
The mother of all arguments?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Christy might have got away with arguing back with Tisdale
Didn't do Jake Gosling any good.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Nor Ricey (was it REALLY all those years ago? 😨)

Gordon Dale

Cygnus to take your description , with which I agree , Pym is a 'hothead' . Ferguson is absolutely right. As the Bard wrote , ' I think thou does protest too much'. In my view .. 'Hotheads' do not make good sportsmen . They certainly do not make good goalkeepers. Watch Pym's performance against Sheffield UTD (and others) and weep for Posh supporters . I know a few who regularly attend London Road and they say Pym's performances at times have been so dire they couldn't understand why Ferguson stood by him. The only reason he was still in the team was that Posh had an outstanding strike force and strong midfield. Their view was that with a decent keeper last season Posh would have walked League 1. Things have changed a great deal at St James Park and in League2 since Pym grasped his opportunity to leave . League 2 teams have really upped their game . There are no weak teams in that league. Witness Dawson's performances between the sticks. He has made absolutely stunning crucial saves in every single match . ECFC also have a wonderful prospect in Harry Lee . He has the stature , athleticism, attitude , aptitude and definitely commands his box. Scott Brown is vastly experienced and a very able goalkeeping coach. I'm not sure about Jack Arthur but I hear good reports. Pym does not have the stature , aptitude or confidence to command the six yard box. He clearly doesn't possess the right temperament either . In essence he is a liability in an absolutely key position with so many games settled by the odd goal. . He also consistently gets beat by 'worldies' from outside the box. Terry Cooper ( whose passing I still lament ) once told me that a poor keeper consistently gets beat from outside the box. Pym does. In my view Pym would struggle in the National League . I certainly wouldn't wish him on Garry Johnson at the moment . Fortunately , Matt Taylor was a keeper himself . Scott Brown will also be consulted. IN ADDITION PYM WILL BE ON CHAMPIONSHIP WAGES SO NO WAY SHOULD BE RE-SIGNED. In every way it would be a retrograde step. I wish Pym well but not as an ECFC player. If Dawson sees out his loan spell then I firmly believe ECFC will be promoted .When we do Jokull Andresson will be re-signed.

Banksy

Surely this is all just speculation on here and there’s no chance of him returning to us . In any case , he’d never meet Pete’s minimum height requirement.

dontpassback

Whatever the outcome,Christy Pym won’t have too much difficulty finding a club,

Grecian2K

Whatever the outcome,Christy Pym won’t have too much difficulty finding a club,
Wood? Iron? or Putter?

grecIAN Harris

Cygnus to take your description , with which I agree , Pym is a 'hothead' . Ferguson is absolutely right. As the Bard wrote , ' I think thou does protest too much'. In my view .. 'Hotheads' do not make good sportsmen . They certainly do not make good goalkeepers. Watch Pym's performance against Sheffield UTD (and others) and weep for Posh supporters . I know a few who regularly attend London Road and they say Pym's performances at times have been so dire they couldn't understand why Ferguson stood by him. The only reason he was still in the team was that Posh had an outstanding strike force and strong midfield. Their view was that with a decent keeper last season Posh would have walked League 1. Things have changed a great deal at St James Park and in League2 since Pym grasped his opportunity to leave . League 2 teams have really upped their game . There are no weak teams in that league. Witness Dawson's performances between the sticks. He has made absolutely stunning crucial saves in every single match . ECFC also have a wonderful prospect in Harry Lee . He has the stature , athleticism, attitude , aptitude and definitely commands his box. Scott Brown is vastly experienced and a very able goalkeeping coach. I'm not sure about Jack Arthur but I hear good reports. Pym does not have the stature , aptitude or confidence to command the six yard box. He clearly doesn't possess the right temperament either . In essence he is a liability in an absolutely key position with so many games settled by the odd goal. . He also consistently gets beat by 'worldies' from outside the box. Terry Cooper ( whose passing I still lament ) once told me that a poor keeper consistently gets beat from outside the box. Pym does. In my view Pym would struggle in the National League . I certainly wouldn't wish him on Garry Johnson at the moment . Fortunately , Matt Taylor was a keeper himself . Scott Brown will also be consulted. IN ADDITION PYM WILL BE ON CHAMPIONSHIP WAGES SO NO WAY SHOULD BE RE-SIGNED. In every way it would be a retrograde step. I wish Pym well but not as an ECFC player. If Dawson sees out his loan spell then I firmly believe ECFC will be promoted .When we do Jokull Andresson will be re-signed.
Get back in your box. Talk about an over reaction to something barely warrants being speculation.🤨🙄🤫

Reactions: Ash

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neither did his lack of ability ...............