• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember him starting in centre mid one game. Classic Tisdale
Most managers will try players out of position occasionally either in crisis or trying to be 2FC/2; some thrive, some don't. Paul Madeley played pretty every position except in goal at one time or another for Leeds, though of course in those days there was only one sub.

I remember Sercs playing RB at least once, with disastrous results, though maybe that was in a PSF?, and JMT twice (at Dagenham and Mansfield, IIRC).

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 million would appear a steal, surprised Luton have let him go for that amount
Why ? What would you value him at ?

I rate Stacey highly however he has only proved himself in leagues 2 and 1. If he had stayed at Luton and set the world alight in the Championship and had three years left on his contract he may be worth more however that is not the reality of the situation.

We sold Watkins for less than 2 million, attacking players are worth more than full backs. Watkins is probably now worth 10 - 15 million however he has proved he is capable of stepping up the levels and playing in the championship.

Luton nearly sold Stacey for a million last year, I imagine they will be delighted.

If Stacey goes to Bournemouth and does well he will be worth 10 - 20 million.

That is the way the market works.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember Sercs playing RB at least once, with disastrous results, though maybe that was in a PSF?
If i'm thinking of the same game, and if my memory isn't failing, it was against Argyle in a PSF. He was up against Craig Noone and it didn't end well.

Jammers20

Not sure if it's anywhere else but see Bournemouth signed Jack Stacey for £4 million today.. wish him all the best.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On this day in 1976 we signed Tony Kellow!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
On this day in 1976 we signed Tony Kellow!
And City created a God.

Stelios

Bournemouth pay 4 million for Jack Stacey.
Good on him. Always a strong lad but he looks like an absolute unit nowadays. I hope it goes well for him.

WILL NEVER FORGET THAT GOAL!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good on him. Always a strong lad but he looks like an absolute unit nowadays. I hope it goes well for him.

WILL NEVER FORGET THAT GOAL!
Your definition of unit must be different to mine.

He's a fit, athletic lad however he isn't a unit.

Stelios

Your definition of unit must be different to mine.

He's a fit, athletic lad however he isn't a unit.
Just thought he looked big when being interviewed. Probably just has a thick neck (James Milner-esque). Or he has a beeg face (Stoufer the Cat) 🏋️‍♂️

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tom Nichols has grabbed himself an hat-trick tonight in a friendly.