• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The internet seems to think it's Liverpool with Chelsea also sniffing about.
Would it really be in Ben's own best long-term interests to be thieved by robbing Chelski only to be sent immediately on loan to the football equivalent of the gulags and just cultivate butt-splinters from the bench while the enforced inactivity merely rusts away the gloss that he might once have had?

Rosencrantz

Iirc Stansfield never went to a tribunal, the fee was agreed between the Clubs last summer so no need. Think Taggy intimated that it was above the figure that EPPP terms would have given us, but of course lower than what we would liked. Of course it also meant that we didn't have to sit and watch two transfer windows come and go whilst bleddy waiting !

Edit .I see Andrew has found the link whilst I was typing. (y)
Of course, should have remembered. I just knew it was outside of EPPP which really is peanuts. Maybe the appearance add ons agreed for Jay are more realistic than the tribunal set for Ethan. £2.5 million max for a player who plays over fifty games for a top Premier League club is ridiculous.

I hear a premier league side are close to announcing Ben Chrisene as their latest addition. Fingers crossed if he does go, we get more than we pocketed for Jay Stansfield.
Aston Villa

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aston Villa
Thats what I have heard!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this our future? Our academy produces young men who go to big clubs before playing for us, the money raised brings us journeymen L2 /L1 pros and also enough to keep the academy producing young men destined for big clubs.

Rosencrantz

Is this our future? Our academy produces young men who go to big clubs before playing for us, the money raised brings us journeymen L2 /L1 pros and also enough to keep the academy producing young men destined for big clubs.
The best ones of their age are and always have been targeted by the bigger clubs. It's not going to change. It's a case of getting fair price for them. Worth remembering we have plundered lower division clubs for current players Noah Smerdon, Harry Ford and previously Jordan Storey.

We do also have fourteen homegrown players on professional contracts currently. Players who play for us and do well will get sold on like Grimes and Watkins. Others who do ok will give us good service and hopefully have good careers like Pym and Sercombe.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The best ones of their age are and always have been targeted by the bigger clubs. It's not going to change. It's a case of getting fair price for them. Worth remembering we have plundered lower division clubs for current players Noah Smerdon, Harry Ford and previously Jordan Storey.

We do also have fourteen homegrown players on professional contracts currently. Players who play for us and do well will get sold on like Grimes and Watkins. Others who do ok will give us good service and hopefully have good careers like Pym and Sercombe.
Getting a fair price would be good for the ones getting hoovered up early. Ideally I'd prefer to see our best homegrown talent playing for us, we'll never remember young Stanfield as a first teamer unlike Ollie et al.

Rosencrantz

Getting a fair price would be good for the ones getting hoovered up early. Ideally I'd prefer to see our best homegrown talent playing for us, we'll never remember young Stanfield as a first teamer unlike Ollie et al.
We'd all prefer it, but we are far from the only club this happens to unfortunately. Even Man City fans never saw Jadon Sancho play for their first team let alone Watford.

LOG

George Friend featured briefly on The One Show last night. I don't really know what the feature was about as i wasn't watching it (honest!) but he delivered a video message to say thank you to some fella for summat or other.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jacob Cane has moved back to Weston Super Mare.