• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember they had foreign investment a few years ago, not sure if that’s still the case!
Should be a very good signing at that level, thought he was a still a football league player, but never really understood where he fit into our side.
Yes. As I have said elsewhere players released this summer will end up in one of two positions. Either a new contract on less money or with no contract at all.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Colesman Ballz

Lee Martin has signed for Ebbsfleet who will play in National League South next year.

Some fall that. Not sure if they are part time or full time?

Thought he was a better player than that.
He joined us from Gillingham, so perhaps it's simply a case of moving back to the area, or perhaps his family stayed there rather than joining him here in Exeter ?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hear a premier league side are close to announcing Ben Chrisene as their latest addition. Fingers crossed if he does go, we get more than we pocketed for Jay Stansfield.

iscalad

I hear a premier league side are close to announcing Ben Chrisene as their latest addition. Fingers crossed if he does go, we get more than we pocketed for Jay Stansfield.
I won't hold my breath on that. Robbing barstewards

ryancooper327

Can’t wait to put that fiver to good use...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can’t wait to put that fiver to good use...
I’m hoping his token appearances as a sub will have boosted his value to at least a tenner.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m hoping his token appearances as a sub will have boosted his value to at least a tenner.
Yep. If I was a betting man, I would say £150-175k in compo. That should be enough to secure the two or three players that Matt Taylor wants to bring in.

andrew p long

Worrying that Chrisene is already appearing on a former players thread...

benjisheps

I don’t think we will get much as I have it on good authority that he turned down a very good contract offer by City.
City were actually worried that he was going to end up at a Championship club where they would get peanuts as the big premier league club offers didn’t materialize for Ben. At least if this has changed and now a premier league club have offered him a contract hopefully City will get a bit more than they first feared.
Still such a shame that one of our best young prospects has decided to leave and not continue his development with us!