• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

simcity

Think the signing of JMT will be announced very soon 😉 😉
By Forest Green based on their tweet 👀

ryancooper327

GJW

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but I’m currently reading a book on the Coventry FA Cup run of 1987 and just read the write up on the game against Bolton in January, which City won 3-0. In the Bolton team that day were Mark Came and Mark Gavin. Both ended up playing for Exeter between 1994-1996, at the same time. Team mates at Bolton and at Exeter. I hadn’t realised that.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but I’m currently reading a book on the Coventry FA Cup run of 1987 and just read the write up on the game against Bolton in January, which City won 3-0. In the Bolton team that day were Mark Came and Mark Gavin. Both ended up playing for Exeter between 1994-1996, at the same time. Team mates at Bolton and at Exeter. I hadn’t realised that.
Always liked Mark Gavin, he had some ability and liked a long range goal.

Mark Came looked like a 50 year old driving instructor...

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always liked Mark Gavin, he had some ability and liked a long range goal.

Mark Came looked like a 50 year old driving instructor...
From what I remember Mark Gavin wasn't exactly a fan favourite at the time, particularly when the club was struggling in 94/95. One of TC's Brizzle old boys. Did have some quality though.

Mark Came was very much a veteran centre back when he played for us, solid but his legs had seen better days. Still won Player of the Year though. Bit of a theme back in those days to varying success. He was followed by Noel Blake and Jon Gittens and probably a few others I have forgotten

Not a centre back but I thought I might have forgotten Colin Anderson by now.

Ash

Think the signing of JMT will be announced very soon 😉 😉
Yeah but for who?

Ok, FGR according to the post above. Rather them than us.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
JMT duly signs for FGR.

Richard Dryden also appointed as assistant manager to Mark Cooper there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I remember Mark Gavin wasn't exactly a fan favourite at the time, particularly when the club was struggling in 94/95. One of TC's Brizzle old boys. Did have some quality though.

Mark Came was very much a veteran centre back when he played for us, solid but his legs had seen better days. Still won Player of the Year though. Bit of a theme back in those days to varying success. He was followed by Noel Blake and Jon Gittens and probably a few others I have forgotten

Not a centre back but I thought I might have forgotten Colin Anderson by now.
Am I imagining it or did Mark Gavin clatter an Argyle into the advertising hoardings down there once?