• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect the P1 revised budget for next year will be much, much lower than this season. Not sure we are going to be in the market for many expensive experienced pros from up country unless we win the playoffs (assuming they go ahead...)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect the P1 revised budget for next year will be much, much lower than this season. Not sure we are going to be in the market for many expensive experienced pros from up country unless we win the playoffs (assuming they go ahead...)
Agreed. I cannot see us signing ANYONE in the current climate, that is even after we release 5 or 6 players. At the moment j would settle for merely existing next season!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I cannot see us signing ANYONE in the current climate, that is even after we release 5 or 6 players. At the moment j would settle for merely existing next season!
Agreed. I reckon that those under contract plus the young professionals on the fringe of the first team will make a squad of 23-24. Key questions will be whether contracts can be offered to Moxey Dickenson and Aaron Martin if they haven’t already been signed up

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor me. The academy lads will do for me.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I reckon that those under contract plus the young professionals on the fringe of the first team will make a squad of 23-24. Key questions will be whether contracts can be offered to Moxey Dickenson and Aaron Martin if they haven’t already been signed up
While it would be nice to keep Dickenson we have other players who can cover his position. However, if we aren't able to offer new contracts to at least one of Moxey or Martin we are starting to look very light in the centre of defence.

Rosencrantz

While it would be nice to keep Dickenson we have other players who can cover his position. However, if we aren't able to offer new contracts to at least one of Moxey or Martin we are starting to look very light in the centre of defence.
As tough as it sounds Moxey's position is also covered at left sided CB by Parkes and Hartridge if he is kept on. Aaron Martin is different in terms of age and fitness.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All about Matt Gill. It's behind a paywall though

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Championship restarting Saturday each Club with 9 games to play. Currently Brentford 4th in the playoffs with 60 points but 10 points below 2nd place West Brom. Preston 6th in the last playoff position with 56 points and Swansea 11th with 53 points.

Having said that what do we think the odds are of Ollie, Jayden and Matt all featuring in the playoffs.

GJW

Do we have any ex- players in the L1 playoffs? I haven’t looked, thinking Wycombe and Oxford off the top of my head.

LOG

Do we have any ex- players in the L1 playoffs? I haven’t looked, thinking Wycombe and Oxford off the top of my head.
David Wheeler is at Wycombe. Can't think of anyone else though.