Former Players

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 47th birthday to Leon Braithwaite. Made 50 or so appearances for Exeter from 1995 to 1997.

budegrecian

Cameron Hargreaves, hes one of our own!
Bu t not considered good enough to offer a pro contract to. Interestingly, someone I know, who was around the Bristol Rovers youth set up at the time, didn't rate him either & suggested he was only there due to the influence of his father. He appears to proving everyone wrong; full credit

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bu t not considered good enough to offer a pro contract to. Interestingly, someone I know, who was around the Bristol Rovers youth set up at the time, didn't rate him either & suggested he was only there due to the influence of his father. He appears to proving everyone wrong; full credit
I thought he was offered a pro contract but decided to join his old man at Rovers. It was never made clear.

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he was offered a pro contract but decided to join his old man at Rovers. It was never made clear.
It was made abundantly clear. There were early and respectful discussions that he wasn’t going to be offered a pro contract at ECFC, so he got himself fixed up elsewhere, namely where his dad was! This was all contained in an article from the club announcing those who were getting pro contracts (5 out of 7 IIRC) that year. The article can be found in a footnote to Cam Hargreaves wiki entry.

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was made abundantly clear. There were early and respectful discussions that he wasn’t going to be offered a pro contract at ECFC, so he got himself fixed up elsewhere, namely where his dad was! This was all contained in an article from the club announcing those who were getting pro contracts (5 out of 7 IIRC) that year. The article can be found in a footnote to Cam Hargreaves wiki entry.
Cameron's a nice lad, got his head screwed on. Used to serve him in the shop during my old job, says ECFC not wanting to keep him gave him a kick up the backside rather than allowing himself to get sucked around non league from a young age. Fair play and good luck to him I say!