• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Always thought he would come good - much like George Friend turned it around after his set back at Wolves.
I remember Millwall fans were decidedly unimpressed after his loan spell there - some on the then TFF board calling him their "worst ever player".

But then some on here called Jamie Mackie "Ryman League at best" or similar.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's hard to keep up with all the awards our former players are receiving but to add to the list; Jack Stacey has been voted Luton's fans player of the season and Jamie Reid is the National League South player of the year. Also Jamie Norwood is almost certain to finish as League 2 top scorer.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember Millwall fans were decidedly unimpressed after his loan spell there - some on the then TFF board calling him their "worst ever player".

But then some on here called Jamie Mackie "Ryman League at best" or similar.
Have there been any similar players who have disappointed for us while on loan but gone on to better things elsewher? Can't think of any recently.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Have there been any similar players who have disappointed for us while on loan but gone on to better things elsewher? Can't think of any recently.
Nor me - we've had a few disappointing loan signings over the years but they've tended to fall from grace pretty quickly.

Stelios

I wonder if Matt Gill regrets leaving Norwich for Ipswich back in October? (puke)

Norwich City can confirm Under-23s Head Coach Matt Gill has left the Club and is set to join Ipswich Town’s first team coaching staff.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Matt Gill regrets leaving Norwich for Ipswich back in October? (puke)
Didn't work out well.

andrew p long

Kevin Bond leads Southend to safety in League One, thereby relegating some body else a few minutes from time.

Stelios

Kevin Bond leads Southend to safety in League One, thereby relegating some body else a few minutes from time.
Always loved Bondy! Up there with Mark Came as my favourite centre back ;)

grecianfaniow

Ollie Vs Stockley

Pete Martin (CTID)

This is an example of the ignorance that City have to fight against all the time....

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFCinUSA/status/1125068430070177792?s=19