• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rob Edwards already sacked by Watford - how long before he does a Derek Adams and returns to his former club.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rob Edwards already sacked by Watford - how long before he does a Derek Adams and returns to his former club.
Not at all sure he'd be welcome, given the way he left.

Coppers

You beat me to this post, saw it on SSN and thought the same.

tonykellowfan

FGR will never have him back after the way he left.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, I'd forgotten that when I posted.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been quite the come down so far this season for Forest Green's promotion heroes. Edwards already out of a job and after their big moves; Wilson, Cadden and Adams have started a total of three league games between them.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think a lot would depend on his relationship with Dale Vince. Fans might not want him but if Vince thinks that he could turn things back around, and avoid relegation back into League 2 then it might be possible. However Edwards might not be keen, particularly if it were to negatively effect the payoff he receives from Watford.

JCWhoosh

I know he only came on in the 85th minute but nice to see Smith. His first touch was a battle to get a flick on and he looks promising. A nice headache for MT and given the 5 sub rule, would like to see him more this season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel Devon Live a bit OTT with their headline - Attack good, defence not tested so were they back to their best? Sells papers I spose (if only there were things nowadays)