• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoyable match. As soon as I saw FGR unsuccessfully trying to play out from the back I knew we'd score goals, the question was would our makeshift defence hold their own, and I soon realised they wouldn't have to as FGR weren't going to test them.

A really easy victory. M of M was obviously Jevani but deserving of a mention is Collins and Harper, as well as Stanno who clearly has the same heart and tenacity as his father.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its a great read post match, People were understandably as pessimistic as I was , with an occasional optimist hoping for a 0-0 draw!
Cough, cough, I wasn’t. Just saying. Read the first post 😉

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If anyone has any interest in what the FGR boss said after the game

andrew p long

Go on then, I’ll step up for my first ‘thread start’ of the season because I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

Safe travels to the marauding Grecian army and good luck to the boys - bring us back the points lads, with no injuries and no yellows or reds please 👍

COYR.
Ok, you're hired! When are you next available for MDT starting duties?

Langer

Seems like a decent guy given time to adapt to League 1 he may well keep them up.

fred binneys head

Ok, you're hired! When are you next available for MDT starting duties?
Next match!

ECFC89

The negativity Hahahaha
Don’t worry we might go down next year
‘Only beat what’s in front of you’ that’s exactly what we’re doing and we will finish in the top half tonight doing just that.
Yes had a few beers. But the terminal nature of this place after Burton last week was embarrassing. Go back to football manager.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that Forest Green did what a lot of us wanted City to do and switched from their usual back 3 to a back 4 and struggled.

Pobbop

The negativity Hahahaha
Don’t worry we might go down next year
‘Only beat what’s in front of you’ that’s exactly what we’re doing and we will finish in the top half tonight doing just that.
Yes had a few beers. But the terminal nature of this place after Burton last week was embarrassing. Go back to football manager.
I just don't come on here after poor results, I just find the over-reactions ridiculous.

tom_ecfc

FGR were poor, but did enjoy Key and Hartridge having the freedom of Nailsworth galloping forward all match!