• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seen it happen plenty of times, johnny on the spot three times having done f%£k all else during the game.
Yes, but as you're often wont to say, they're there to score goals. You can have all the silky build up play you want, but if your striker(s) couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo you're in trouble. Our strikers appear to not be in that mould.

STURTZ

Remember when Sweeny had to score a second penalty to get an unlikely hat trick? He looked worried as f*** and chipped it into the goalies arms. Jev Brown was just super cool.

tonykellowfan

I do remember the Sweeney miss as he then missed the next however many after that and had to be taken off penalty duty.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Will MT get into trouble re not being available for post match Sky interview? I thought it was written into the broadcasting contracts that managers had to speak to the live broadcaster post match.

Perhaps MT can plead that he'd know the rules better if Sky covered our games more often!

iscalad

Will MT get into trouble re not being available for post match Sky interview? I thought it was written into the broadcasting contracts that managers had to speak to the live broadcaster post match.

Perhaps MT can plead that he'd know the rules better if Sky covered our games more often!
As maybe but we were the away side. How much money did we make from Sky?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL team of the week on a reduced fixtures day, three players in the team (and yes I know some of you don't like these things)

wiveygrecian

As maybe but we were the away side. How much money did we make from Sky?
Away team gets 10k

magiccity1

EFL team of the week on a reduced fixtures day, three players in the team (and yes I know some of you don't like these things)

Maybe mentioned elsewhere, but i thought Hartridge had an excellent game

grecIAN Harris

Yes, but as you're often wont to say, they're there to score goals. You can have all the silky build up play you want, but if your striker(s) couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo you're in trouble. Our strikers appear to not be in that mould.
He's done his job, and we'll, but it doesn't always mean he is going to be Man of the Match for doing so. If you want to return to my theory on strikers, I couldn't care less if they do sod all other than score. Are you going to give that kind of performance a MOm award?