• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers (build up & discussion thread)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A long build up for our festive fixture at the park so best get started with it.

This is looking likely to be a tough game to get back on track with as FGR are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures but with a difficult game tomorrow at home to Carlisle so that could change yet.I would expect Matt Taylor to keep to the same starting line as last time out against Harrogate despite the disappointing performance.A game we really need to win though before a gap starts to appear in the table with the top three clubs.

Red Devon

A long build up for our festive fixture at the park so best get started with it.

This is looking likely to be a tough game to get back on track with as FGR are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures but with a difficult game tomorrow at home to Carlisle so that could change yet.I would expect Matt Taylor to keep to the same starting line as last time out against Harrogate despite the disappointing performance.A game we really need to win though before a gap starts to appear in the table with the top three clubs.
Actually no he won’t Parkes for Hartridge was forgetting that.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep Parkes to come back in. Lewis Page is back training so maybe a small chance he could play but that would be a risk. I’d also drop Williams as he was poor again on Tuesday

Hopefully the weather will improve so the pitch isn’t too bad. I think we will see an open game as FGR won’t park the bus, so I fancy our flair players to have some joy.

2-1 City

Oliver

And Mc Cardle for Sweeney perhaps.

Bongo1959

Start the game with a view to not conceding a soft goal .

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The vegans aren't prolific, we've let in more than they have scored, a team in the upper regions of the division, hopefully should be entertaining, as they won't be coming to shut up shop or time waste, another few days for Wardy working his way back to fitness, although it was against the Vegans that Maxted bought off that wonder save, oh for those days again.

Oldsmobile-88

About 100 tickets available for general sale on the ticket site(about 30 mins ago)

denzel

Is there likely to be a friendly tomorrow? Hopefully if there is one it's at the Cat and fiddle and not on our pitch. I'm a bit worried about the forecast for the next week given what it's been like recently.
Hope Parkes is back. I'm not going to write off Hartridge - I just dont think he can play in a back two with Sweeney.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there likely to be a friendly tomorrow? Hopefully if there is one it's at the Cat and fiddle and not on our pitch. I'm a bit worried about the forecast for the next week given what it's been like recently.
Hope Parkes is back. I'm not going to write off Hartridge - I just dont think he can play in a back two with Sweeney.
The friendly is on Monday I believe. I hear we will be playing Tiverton.

Red Devon

At the moment the forecast is for dryer and colder weather from Thursday onwards (well according to BBC Breakfast) this morning anyway.