• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green preview and prediction

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tough game, a point I think will be the most we get.

The view from FGR

budegrecian

I would expect both Nicky Law & Atangana to start tomorrow, following the wise decision by MT not to push them too hard over Xmas & risk further injuries.. Matt Jay will drop out & I would be happy to see Jake Taylor operating as RWB, with Williams on the left, which would mean Richardson also dropping to the bench. Jake is certain to play, IMO, so if Richardson retains his position, this would mean Jake staying in the centre of midfield with Archie dropping out, which would be a shame but the midfield is our strongest area at present.
I would also expect Ryan to return, with Lee Martin probably starting alongside him, although both Ben Seymour & Nicky Ajose did well for the time they were involved on Sunday.
I think the back three will have to get through another 90 minutes, unless Deanno is now fit or Warren trustred enough to start. If either happens I don't know who would make way.
Maxted did nothing wrong on Sunday either (although I accept somebody across the water disagrees) but I would like to see Ward back sooner rather than later but MT may be waiting for the Ipswich game to reintroduce him.
Tight game but, following our good performance at Colchester, we can nick this one.

Legohead

Banned
Weird one for me FGR. One the one hand I admire their willingness and desire to be different and to start challenging and changing archaic traditions in English football such as meat pies and bovril etc etc They have environmental principles which they want to stick to and raise awareness about and they are certainly doing that.

Yet on the other they are the very epitome of what I hate about clubs. One bloke chucking endless amounts of money in trying to buy success.

They love to gloat about their sustainable environmental credentials like biomass heating and using recycled rainwater to water their pitch yet they are the total opposite of a sustainable club in every other sense.

I think we'll come unstuck at the NL but I'm going to be optimistic and go for another score draw.

i8cornwall

Think we will just edge this one and a rare 2-1 win for city.

On a side note as someone who is lactose intolerant I can not wait to be able to actually have a pie at a game for once!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I predict that I will be there reasonably early to bag a leaning spot on the barrier... :)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think we will just edge this one and a rare 2-1 win for city.

On a side note as someone who is lactose intolerant I can not wait to be able to actually have a pie at a game for once!
The pies are excellent,as is all of the food served there..I even like the Soya milk for the coffee.

Not to everyones taste but a bit different to the usual rubbish on offer at football grounds.

Tight game expected..Happy with a point.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have environmental principles which they want to stick to and raise awareness about and they are certainly doing that.
That's not how I see it. Take their proposed new stadium. IMO it's a giant hypocritical vanity project.

It's on a greenfield site. All the material going to build it will travel miles involving huge amounts of carbon and cutting down trees, and the embodied energy in the old stadium which is big enough for all their current and likely future needs will be lost. They will build houses on the existing ground.

Then most of the people going to games will travel by car, further on average than they currently do. They are talking about parking for 1,700 cars, on what is currently farmland. The new ground will actually be slightly smaller capacity than the current one (though all seated, of course) and will rarely if ever be filled unless they get into the Championship, when they will ask to double its size to 10K.

So much for

"rethink, refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, replace"

Legohead

Banned
I've noticed that down one side of the pitch there which I think is the main stand, there is no barrier or hoardings between the front row of the seats and the pitch. It's a bit weird. Why is this anyone know?

Legohead

Banned
Also, why do they want a new stadium when the one they have is perfectly adequate for them as far as I can tell?

Can't see them attracting many new fans just because they have a new stadium. They are in a backwater.

dontpassback

I've noticed that down one side of the pitch there which I think is the main stand, there is no barrier or hoardings between the front row of the seats and the pitch. It's a bit weird. Why is this anyone know?
Perhaps the good folk of Gloucestershire are better behaved than our Cornish cousins down at gnome park !