• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Football gangs and far-right activists are heading to London to confront BLM demonstrators"

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because as with America, systemic racism in the UK is real.
This country has got better race relations than many across the world,with legislation to back it up.
There is little comparison with the USA on that issue.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
This country has got better race relations than many across the world,with legislation to back it up.
There is little comparison with the USA on that issue.
I agree but racism is still paramount in the UK so I'm not surprised that the outrage in the US has spilled over into other nations like ours

IndoMike

One of the problems with our discussions on these boards is that we are talking from the perspective of a white man (I imagine).
Until you have been exposed to prejudice
on a regular basis I guess our opinions whichever way they fall are only partially relevant.

Spoonz Red E

One of the problems with our discussions on these boards is that we are talking from the perspective of a white man (I imagine).
Until you have been exposed to prejudice
on a regular basis I guess our opinions whichever way they fall are only partially relevant.
This is worth a viewing ...

Legohead

Banned
I think discrimination and prejudice in general are rife in society although it is a minority thank Goodness. For example, I am autistic but have had to hide it from people for many years because I know for a fact I will be judged, discriminated against and in some cases even feared due to people not understanding the condition. I can now tell you guys because I am not going to meet any of you and you don't know me so it has no consequence for me in that respect but when you live with the possibility of discrimination and judgement every day it must be horrendous as black people must do.

Fortunately I can hide my autism from people because it's not obvious, although it's stressful and I shouldn't have to do so but black people cannot hide the colour of their skin and not that they would ever wish to either. This means they are vulnerable to discrimination and judgment by every non black person they meet potentially.

As a society we should accept all people no matter what differences we all have between us. We are all human beings. Apart from gargs of course.

IndoMike

This is worth a viewing ...
Yes, Spoonz.That's what I meant. And we aren't able to put ourselves in his place. We don't have that shared experience. For many white people racism doesn't exist.
The ironic thing is that originally Africans didn't want to be in America in the first place.: they were dragged there in chains. And they have to suffer centuries of humiliation and brutality as a reward..

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Unreal that this has all started from a criminally rogue cop in Minneapolis.
Minneapolis does seem to have its fair share of rogue cops , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

IndoMike

It would be interesting to find out how many white folks were killed , unarmed, by black cops compared to black folks, unarmed, by white cops. I suggest FAR more blacks have been killed, unarmed, by white cops. Any attempt to spin it otherwise is unlikely to.be successful

Grecian2K

This accusation surely cannot be applied to our club though?

As some have stated on here ad nauseam ECFC is a hotbed of Marxist lefties!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Last edited: