• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football Finance Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
^^^^
Wow..Explaining a lot why it quickly moved around because of football crowds.
Made me think I can tell you.

Alistair20000

Lets hope the one thing that comes out of this crisis in football is a end to the insane amounts of money doled out to players & agents at the top of the game.
Don't bank on it.

Oldsmobile-88

Don't bank on it.
Yep.
I’m hoping for some sort of reset in football & society in general after all of this...Obscene amounts of money for sport stars,entertainers & the rest will not sit well with a economic situation to rival the Great Depression which is coming down the road.

People now realise who is important in society & it certainly ain’t the ones mentioned above.

Legohead

Banned
Also it makes me think of those clubs who consistently treat their fans like muck and then now when they need a helping hand some fans might not be so forthcoming in wanting to help. What goes around comes around. This is why a club like ours that appreciates it's fans will have no shortage of fans wanting to help in any way they can whilst other clubs who take their fans for granted could struggle to get fans back on side and will have to go begging cap in hand I suspect.

ryancooper327

Red Devon

^^^^
Just seen that absolutely staggering amount of debt for a League One club

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How can a L1 club lose £24m?

Banksy

I wonder when Sky and Co will pull the rug out? I suppose their largesse is the reason the Premiershite is so anxious to complete the season. I know a number of people who have put their subscriptions on hold , Sky won’t go pumping obscene amounts in to football there’s nothing coming back for it.

Legohead

Banned
I'd put my subscription on hold too if I could actually get hold of somebody. I'll just not pay and then they'll have to ring me.

Red Devon

I'd put my subscription on hold too if I could actually get hold of somebody. I'll just not pay and then they'll have to ring me.
You can pause it through the My Sky app no need to call them.