• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can’t believe some people are already calling for a new sponsor for the rest of the season

The club should keep the sponsor until the end of the season

Thanks Flybe for your years of sponsorship
Agree, I'd thought they'd paid their money til the latest deal runs out?

jimmy

I didn't mean to be insensitive, of course they will stay on the shirt until the end of the year. They have been an excellent partner. The Stansfield plane was above and beyond.

I was only thinking in the sense that they cease to exist and trade, it wasn't a bad idea to have a charity or the trust on the shirt.

StudentGrecian

I didn't mean to be insensitive, of course they will stay on the shirt until the end of the year. They have been an excellent partner. The Stansfield plane was above and beyond.

I was only thinking in the sense that they cease to exist and trade, it wasn't a bad idea to have a charity or the trust on the shirt.
If the contract was null and void then I would agree with Jimmy. Of course its sad to see what has happened to Flybe and we owe a lot to them for their years of sponsorship. But they don't gain anything from us playing the remaining games with their logo on our shirt. So putting a charity on the front of the shirt could be a good way to raise some funds for local charities.

Of course seeking money from an alternative sponsor for the last few games would be distasteful, but I don't think giving local charities some attention would irk anyone who worked for Flybe.

Swanaldo

I've just had a look at other League Two shirt sponsors. Almost all of them are local businesses.
Jack Wills, Gregory Transport and Sandford Orchards spring to mind as 'big name' local companies. There's must be loads more.

IndoMike

Jack Wills, Gregory Transport and Sandford Orchards spring to mind as 'big name' local companies. There's must be loads more.
If you look at the top 100 companies in Devon there are quite a few with turnover (or profits) of over 50 million in the Exeter area (and loads more around Plymouth 🙄😒). However, that does not always translate to them being potential sponsors)
Even a couple of law firms doing over 10 million.

Red Devon

How about the Exeter Airport Company itself as a potential new sponsor!

IndoMike

You think they'll have any money now that Flybe has gone into admin.?

Boyo

Exeter Airport have just lost 80% of it's customers. I doubt very much they'll be in the market to sponsor a football club.

Most (not all) sponsors will be keen to see a return on their investment. It's not a case of whoever we fancy.

rifraf

I hear the Turkish Restaurant on Sidwell St is favourite. Come on the Grecians!

Oh, hang on a minute.........

IndoMike

I know this has been mentioned before and I do not think Chris Martin has any obligation at all to chip in - he can do what he likes with his money - but it would be great publicity for him and Coldplay to sponsor City : the first rock group to sponsor a football team!
The club shop could sell his music. The teams could come out to "Sky full of stars", and it would be another string to his bow
If I was at City I would definitely contact him : nothing to lose by asking him.