• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
They would cherry pick. They are only interested in high volumes. They won't go from Exeter to Belfast or Glasgow to Benbecula.
It's a business. Of course they're not going to fly unprofitable routes. Do you want them to go into administration like Flybe?

muppetdodger

I get over it but it’s the poor staff you feel for. It was always a handy route via Dublin . I heard rumours of Ryan air going in there , hopefully it’s true . Better start walking if I want to be there for Bradford on the 28th!
God if Ryan air are the answer we are in real trouble!

muppetdodger

Personally think Virgin will 'adopt' some of their routes, it makes good connectivity sense for them getting remote customers to larger intercontinental airports. Presumably the aggressively expanding Stobart Air might take some as well.

pct333

Julian Tagg is about to come on Radio Devon to explain what impact this will have on Exeter City.

eurogrecian

I've never flown with them, but FlyBe backed City with cash when nobody else in their right mind would have. Full marks to them.
Sorry for the staff who lose their jobs..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dreadful news for all those involved with Flybe, a fair few of them are City supporters. I hope they're unemployed for a short a time as possible.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally think Virgin will 'adopt' some of their routes, it makes good connectivity sense for them getting remote customers to larger intercontinental airports. Presumably the aggressively expanding Stobart Air might take some as well.
Stobart started operating some of the routes to Ireland last year with their aircraft liveried as Aer Lingus ferrying people to and from transatlantic flights so I expect they'll be looking at some of the work. But that's no consolation to the Flybe people.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the club could do something for the Fly Be / Exeter Airport employees affected. Reality is it could only be 'token' in the grand scheme of things but at least it would show support. Free ticket & pint/pasty for the Salford match (Salford won't bring many)? Bucket collection?

They stood by the Club in the dark days, be good if we could reciprocate in some small way.

older-codger

They would cherry pick. They are only interested in high volumes. They won't go from Exeter to Belfast or Glasgow to Benbecula.
I fly pretty well every month Exeter to Belfast and it is normally full so |I would expect (and hope) that someone would take it on. Not sure about Ryanair though as they use larger aircraft that it may be a struggle to fill.

The Airport has got Two planes today. It can't survive like this i'm afraid. They've always had too many eggs in one basket.