• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe sponsorship?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I admire anyone who has the guts to stand and try to make a difference, and appreciate the hard work they do. That's why you won't find me criticising current BoS members. But there seems to be a tendency for ex-BoSsers to then come on here, and criticise everyone else they left behind, which I don't think reflects well on the individuals or on the Trust model.

I think your sniping at current members is much more damaging than anyone's at former members.
Feel free to look at everyone of my previous 819 posts, and then tell me where I have ever criticised either current or former BoS members. I think you will find it a very fruitless task !

I will however be critical and "snipe" at past and current members of the Club Board, whom I do not feel are acting/ or have not acted, in the best interests of our Club. This is based upon opinions which have been formed from working with those persons, and in many cases is not a simple equation of good or bad. Everyone brings strengths and weaknesses to the table and requires evaluation as to which outweighs the other.

It should be noted that members of the Trust Board receive no remuneration, and expenses are rarely if ever claimed. However the members of the Club Board who take (in some cases considerable) remuneration, should expect to be held to account and criticised loudly when fall short of standards expected in their privileged positions.

Our ownership model is quite rightly an evolutionary process, and will take time to perfect. From my past experience, I am beginning to to think that a change to where the Trust forms the CB, and those doing the day to day operation and receiving remuneration, report and are directly answerable to this body could be a far more effective way of management going forward.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has been extended by 2 years.

budegrecian

Excellent news indeed. They got good exposure, from the cup games, last season, which they deserved for their continued support.

dontpassback

There cant be many clubs who have had the same sponsor for the length we have been with flybe,fair play to them !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'd imagine Southampton have had flybe for a fair while

Mr.Sparkle

I'd imagine Southampton have had flybe for a fair while
No, 2006-2010.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No, 2006-2010.
Stand corrected

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
There cant be many clubs who have had the same sponsor for the length we have been with flybe,fair play to them !
I was told by someone who works for Flybe that AFC Wimbledon are the only ones with a longer standing shirt sponsor...although the actual name on the shirt has changed. Not sure about any others, certainly can't be many.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
More losses announced from Flybe this morning.

eurogrecian

And when they first started we were hardly an attractive option. In a fickle financial world, they deserve a lot of credit.