• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures Release Date - Thursday 23 June 9am

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same for July and August?
Yep.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I also tend to miss the Boxing Day match due to family commitments however it would be my fiftieth anniversary of going to watch Exeter City. I think I should go!

iscalad

I also tend to miss the Boxing Day match due to family commitments however it would be my fiftieth anniversary of going to watch Exeter City. I think I should go!
Yep, much prefer Boxing Day matches to be away.

Bridgy 81

Yep, much prefer Boxing Day matches to be away.
I’ve been to a few away matches on Boxing Day over the years and I don’t have fond memories of any of them, as far as I can recall.
The worst one was Oxford in 2015.
One of their defenders, Dunkley I think, should have had a second yellow in the first half when the game was still relatively even but the referee bottled it.
Unsurprising Dunkley was subbed at half time because everyone in the ground (even the referee I suspect) knew that any foul by him in the second half would have to be a sending off.
Of course we lost, 3:0.
And as if that wasn’t frustrating enough because our car was in that odd car park arrangement behind the goal we spend another significant chunk of the festive period in a lengthy queue waiting to get out.
You do have to wonder at times why we do it. Probably because we can’t help ourselves I suppose.

iscalad

I’ve been to a few away matches on Boxing Day over the years and I don’t have fond memories of any of them, as far as I can recall.
The worst one was Oxford in 2015.
One of their defenders, Dunkley I think, should have had a second yellow in the first half when the game was still relatively even but the referee bottled it.
Unsurprising Dunkley was subbed at half time because everyone in the ground (even the referee I suspect) knew that any foul by him in the second half would have to be a sending off.
Of course we lost, 3:0.
And as if that wasn’t frustrating enough because our car was in that odd car park arrangement behind the goal we spend another significant chunk of the festive period in a lengthy queue waiting to get out.
You do have to wonder at times why we do it. Probably because we can’t help ourselves I suppose.
I went to Southampton, 10/11 years ago??, on Boxing day. I have never been forgiven.......

Oldsmobile-88

No doubt the Boxing Day KO time will be messed with as per usual.. Keep it at 3pm if possible please.
Gotta be honest I would not be disappointed if our friend from Pompey got his wish 🥶😁

Bridgy... Did you travel up on the coach to the game at Wigan on Boxing Day 1990 ? Someone in the FL was taking the pi55 with that fixture.

Bridgy 81

I went to Southampton, 10/11 years ago??, on Boxing day. I have never been forgiven.......
I recall going to Southampton on a Boxing Day too, another defeat.
We parked at their training ground I think. It was like a park and ride for away supporters and you were driven to St Mary’s in a double decker bus.
I recall Troy was sent off in the first half.
Ricky Lambert, Adam Lallana and Michael Antonio played for them that day. So did Lloyd James.

Boyo

I hve just been looking at Sincil Bank on the Football Ground guide online and noticed away fans only get 1000 so we will sell that out for sure.
I'd be amazed if we took anywhere near a thousand. It's a pig of a place to get to from Exeter (over 4 hours on clear roads) and the first weekend of the school holidays, so roads will be chaotic. Surprisingly it is possible as a day trip by train although the ticket price of £150 is ridiculous (probably able to shave a few quid off that by ticket splitting). I think we only took 500 or so for the playoff match there, although that was also on TV.

Bridgy 81

Bridgy... Did you travel up on the coach to the game at Wigan on Boxing Day 1990 ? Someone in the FL was taking the pi55 with that fixture.
Afraid not.
I had a period of time around then when complicated family circumstances curtailed my in-person attendance.
That sounded like a good one to miss though!
I’ve only ever travelled on ECFC coach transport twice in the 40+ years I’ve been following them.
The promotion game at Don Valley against Rotherham and Leeds away in our first game back in League One last time around. Both times they helpfully swung off at Bridgwater to pick us up.
We’ve done many away days but prefer to drive ourselves so our departure etc can be a bit more flexible.
Now I’m retired though I’m fortunate to have more time so in recent seasons have been able to build a few days away into some away games.
Since yesterday I’m working on provisional plans for Charlton, Barnsley and Derby in the first instance 🙂

Oldsmobile-88

Afraid not.
I had a period of time around then when complicated family circumstances curtailed my in-person attendance.
That sounded like a good one to miss though!
I’ve only ever travelled on ECFC coach transport twice in the 40+ years I’ve been following them.
The promotion game at Don Valley against Rotherham and Leeds away in our first game back in League One last time around. Both times they helpfully swung off at Bridgwater to pick us up.
We’ve done many away days but prefer to drive ourselves so our departure etc can be a bit more flexible.
Now I’m retired though I’m fortunate to have more time so in recent seasons have been able to build a few days away into some away games.
Since yesterday I’m working on provisional plans for Charlton, Barnsley and Derby in the first instance 🙂
Righto.. I’ve not travelled by coach since around 1994, I was just wondering if you were the lad that we regularly picked up at Bridgwater in the late 1980s early 90s. Obviously not.
Iirc that was a fella called Shaun ? , Wivey will know.