• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures Release Date - Thursday 23 June 9am

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe so. I think the Club asked if anyone knew what happened to it. This was a few years ago.
I remember talking to Dacre Holloway about that entrance, why it could not be opened up again &
used. There was a issue with a unstable wall as you entered the ground.

Oldsmobile-88

Looking forward to going to Barnsley if promoted, one of the few places in the top 4 tiers where I have not seen the Grecians play. Though many play at new grounds.

andrew p long

talk of which league 1 opponents we might get when is premature and tempting fate(!)

Oh and I've just realised that I'm away the whole first week - including both first two Saturdays - with the season starting in July...please...

STURTZ

Yep...You would have accessed that from Well St/ Jungle Path.

Come to think of it there was another entrance on Well St that was bricked up in the early 70s that led to the St James Rd terrace by the Grandstand.
Remember that bricked up entrance well, I side it was a mass of junk and litter that had accumulated over years of disuse, yes think there was a dodgy wall there. Interestingly The History of SJP mentions the ground being built up using flower pot staging and mounding. It also alludes to the Cowshed side being originally called the Flower Pot Stand as it used to be an area for potting up geraniums. The history mentions it was where the more ardent and boisterous fans used to stand. Can't see how you'd get there from Well St though?

Oldsmobile-88

Remember that bricked up entrance well, I side it was a mass of junk and litter that had accumulated over years of disuse, yes think there was a dodgy wall there. Interestingly The History of SJP mentions the ground being built up using flower pot staging and mounding. It also alludes to the Cowshed side being originally called the Flower Pot Stand as it used to be an area for potting up geraniums. The history mentions it was where the more ardent and boisterous fans used to stand. Can't see how you'd get there from Well St though?
Yes, it does seem a strange entrance to use to get to the other side of the ground.

Avening Posse

I remember last time we went up being excited about getting Leeds away first game, really made you think we had progressed!

Recall the great atmosphere in the Cowshed against Reading in the first game back in 90-91. A step up and realisation that a line led by Gordon Hobson (although he did score in that game) was not going to win us the league.

contrabombarde

Looking forward to going to Barnsley if promoted, one of the few places in the top 4 tiers where I have not seen the Grecians play. Though many play at new grounds.
That's the first time in my life that I've heard someone say they're looking forward to going to Barnsley Olds! :p

fred binneys head

Worse than Liverpool 2016 fred ? ;)
Nothing is worse than that #StillFuming

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember last time we went up being excited about getting Leeds away first game, really made you think we had progressed!
By contrast, our defeat to Northampton at Wembley was followed with a trip to Salford at the next season to make sure we realised we hadn't progressed.