• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures for 2021/22

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good game for Boxing Day, should be close to a sell out.

Alistair20000

Yes, it shows how we could have done with someone a lot nearer than Hartlepool coming up through the play offs.

At a quick glance it looks like the long distance trips, including the ones furthest north, are at the start and end of season. That avoids them being midwinter when there's the biggest risk of them being called off. So its trips to Barrow and Harrogate in August with Hartlepool in September . In April Carlisle and Tranmere.

But as others point out that includes Barrow on a Tuesday (in August). Difficult one for those of us wanting to make a first visit to Barrow's ground and not ideal for the players either (can't travel back after the game without an overnight stop , so does that mean travelling all the way up on the day ... when if its warm there could be loads of cars heading to various coastal destinations )
Some great places to stay overnight in Barrow I should think. Build the match into a staycation.

fred binneys head

I’m aiming to be at orient and barrow, if we’re allowed.

IndoMike

I’m aiming to be at orient and barrow, if we’re allowed.
Is the missus playing up?

Colesman Ballz

Good game for Boxing Day, should be close to a sell out.
Given today's news there must be a doubt that this game will even take place ? Potentially a Boxing Day with no footy ! WTF will we do with ourselves ? :unsure:

Ashford Grecian

Orient for sure assuming no jab passport, tests or muzzels

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Given today's news there must be a doubt that this game will even take place ? Potentially a Boxing Day with no footy ! WTF will we do with ourselves ? :unsure:
I think they'll start the season.

Alistair20000

I think they'll start the season.
------

grecIAN Harris

I wondered what you were on about but have since found out. I would think if Swindon went under before the season started either Torquay would come up or Grimsby would get a reprieve.

Colesman Ballz

I wondered what you were on about but have since found out. I would think if Swindon went under before the season started either Torquay would come up or Grimsby would get a reprieve.
It is a trifle more complicated, as the legal case over ownership is next due in court in October. Although the FA have charged both Power and the Club with their irregularities they may be loathe to act decisively until after the Court case is over. Football agents and their businesses are barred from ownership of Clubs due to the potential conflict of interest. If Power sold the stake to them in 2013, then they have been operating illegally for 8 years, and presumably the funds from that were used to help finance the Club over the intervening years. The FA and EFL really do need to sort this mess out now, as Swindon seem to be heading for bankruptcy regardless.
If they are to be replaced in League 2 it would need to done before the season starts. On past experience it would be most likely that Grimsby would be reprieved, rather than the Chipnickers be promoted. Although of course a Boxing Day Devon Derby would be a better financial outcome for us, I can't see that happening.