• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Five to ten L1 & L2 clubs under threat

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88

Tough times ahead.
I can’t see any help coming for clubs,save the existing furlough.

The problem is you would have to give bailout money to all clubs equally.
Why should a club that has acted responsibly with finance & not need help,see a team with owners who have been profligate with finance,receive a cash boost that will no doubt disappear into a black hole.

This is a big chance to restructure the game on a sustainable footballing level.
Unfortunately there will be casualtys.

Red Devon

Tough times ahead.
I can’t see any help coming for clubs,save the existing furlough.

The problem is you would have to give bailout money to all clubs equally.
Why should a club that has acted responsibly with finance & not need help,see a team with owners who have been profligate with finance,receive a cash boost that will no doubt disappear into a black hole.

This is a big chance to restructure the game on a sustainable footballing level.
Unfortunately there will be casualtys.
I think the plan is to treat the bailout money as loans!

Oldsmobile-88

I think the plan is to treat the bailout money as loans!
I doubt a bank would have touched them with a barge pole 😁😎

Legohead

Banned
If clubs go under then they only have themselves to blame. I don't want to see Government money used to bail out clubs. Any money used to bail out clubs should come from within football. If that is not forthcoming then they go bust.

Football needs reform not sticking plasters.

budegrecian

If clubs go under then they only have themselves to blame. I don't want to see Government money used to bail out clubs. Any money used to bail out clubs should come from within football. If that is not forthcoming then they go bust.

Football needs reform not sticking plasters.
This is correct. There is more than enough money in the Football industry to ensure it's survival & the survival of every professional club. The problem is that it's all controlled by the PL & we all know that in their narrow view football starts & ends with the PL & they couldn't give a toss for the leagues below.

i8cornwall

As much as I don’t want to see other fans go through what I went through with Bolton last year I have to agree.

no one came to our aid or bailed us out so let them go bust.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As much as I don’t want to see other fans go through what I went through with Bolton last year I have to agree.

no one came to our aid or bailed us out so let them go bust.
If a football club goes bust, it may we’ll have implications for the wider business community. When city nearly went under we owed millions all over the place and we only survived by the cva during conference years.

DB9

If a football club goes bust, it may we’ll have implications for the wider business community. When city nearly went under we owed millions all over the place and we only survived by the cva during conference years.
And in that CVA we paid a fraction of what we owed, I'd imagine some businesses never recovered from that, That lot down the A38 only paid i think 0.7p in the pound and ours wasn't much higher.

i8cornwall

same happened in Bolton, staff And business went unpaid for months or in some cases have never been paid.

I have sympathy for those people but in a sporting sense I couldn’t care less to be honest.