• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First game of season prediction

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
With a 1 in 46 chance of being correct, I will say Vale at home.

jimmy

Tiverton, 1st July :cool:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really think D&C Police are going to allow The Football League to start first season back up in League 1 with The Devon Derby be it home or away?
No chance. The Argyle games will be mid October to mid November and Feb / March time when the weather is miserable to curb the enthusiasm if fairweather hoolies.

Grecian2K

I reckon Honest Al, our resident turf accountant, should start one of his "beat the bookie" threads on this very subject, if only to fill those empty, empty hours until 23/6.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Burton (a)

Philecfc

Do you really think D&C Police are going to allow The Football League to start first season back up in League 1 with The Devon Derby be it home or away?
They have to do it sometime

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It won't be first game though. The first game is normally about 10 games in and the second about 10 games out.

grecIAN Harris

Those games should always be over Christmas and Easter.

sign of the chimes

I'm sure the police would rather the games between us and Argyle never took place.

But I'm not sure any day is better or worse than another, except a bank holiday weekend when it might be inconvenient re. overtime and rosters and more likelihood of trouble. Would a Tuesday evening be better? I doubt it, remembering what happened at the JPT cup game in 2010 when the Plymouth hoolies attacked our fans in the dark after the game.
To give @grecIAN Harris his dues it's pretty rare for any derby game to fall on the first or last days of the season; and I sort of understand why. It seems pretty likely that the 'fixture computer™' makes sure that these don't happen.

Please feel free to @ me when you get Argyle on July 30th ;-)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Derby away.