• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First fifteen minutes on saturday

davecg

The RL seem to spend a lot of their own time creating flags, songs and banners to enhance the atmosphere at SJP, which in fairness, without them, is dull/non existent. No one at the club has made an effort to improve match day atmosphere, I mean we haven't even got a sound system that works. If they want to make a protest let them, if you don't agree with it get on the bank and start a song for yourself. The Red Legion are entitled to their opinion, just as anyone else, and when the effort has been put in to create the kind of atmosphere the team are getting home and away, yet we are still left with a similar brand of mediocrity I'm guessing it's not unreasonable for the question to be asked of "why bother?"
The whole club is to cosy, everyone's comfortable in their own position with no pressure being applied or questions being asked. It is alien to most football environments. When players want to achieve something they leave, when they are looking for an easier spell in their career, they come back. How many tea cups were thrown at York on Tuesday, extra training sessions to work out how we can resolve inefficiencies, players being told that they are not performing at the expected level..? How many players got off the coach on Tuesday thinking I'm going to have to train really hard this week to keep my place? Or how many thought on the great Tisdale selection merry go round if I don't play Saturday I'll play Tuesday?
The Whole club needs a kick up the ass, and when the fans start thinking why bother...

Red Bill

Although this kind of thing is not really my bag, fair play to you guys, there's lots on here who will be critical but I don't really see them doing anything aside from moan on here
Exactly so AP. Any kind of proposed protest action or initiative is decried on here as a waste of time, largely because people are to ******* lazy to get involved. If the energy spent tapping away on keyboards was put into taking positive steps, it might actually have an effect and most are worried that they'll then have to answer for the result. S they just keep tapping away!

HarryECFC

We knew there would be people that would be critical of our actions. We've tried to word the statement to not come across as if we think we're bigger than the club or anything along the lines of that, however we did want our point to be made.

If it gets the response that ALL the fans deserve, then great!

flakey pasty

Sounds like the success of the RL's big night against Liverpool has gone to a few peoples's heads. What a shame.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem is the whole thing is going to go unnoticed for the majority. Those that don't go on twitter or exeweb won't know anything about the silent protest and they won't clock that one's even going on. Also you said you wanted to make it known that you're not happy with the way this season is going, good, I suspect no one is. But you guys are literally doing nothing about it. We've had plenty of home games with no atmosphere, this will just be 15 minutes to add to the list.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Protests in any form need to be clear in terms of their aims, and in terms of who they are representing. This one seems to be just that the Red Legion want to make some sort of statement on their own behalf primarily. Fair enough, and 15 minutes without the singing will not hurt anyone much. Can't see why anyone would have strong feelings about this.

Exeweb posters criticising it for its effectiveness should remember that a multitude of protesting posts on here would have less perceived effect on the club than this, however small it is.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Facebook also so I am sure plenty will know about it. I don't see what the problem is, it's a free country and I don't see it doing any harm. If anyone wants to chant during the first fifteen minutes then go ahead. As I see it they aren't trying to speak for anyone else.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I want their protest to be successful, obviously. What they are trying is genuinely a terrible idea though and it's patently obvious no reaction will be sparked from 15 minutes of folded arms.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly so AP. Any kind of proposed protest action or initiative is decried on here as a waste of time, largely because people are to ******* lazy to get involved. If the energy spent tapping away on keyboards was put into taking positive steps, it might actually have an effect and most are worried that they'll then have to answer for the result. S they just keep tapping away!
I think you are right Red Bill, although I didn't personally agree with it I saw you tried to do something once, and lots on here who moan on here probably didn't go with you when it came to it !

flakey pasty

I don't see what the problem is, it's a free country and I don't see it doing any harm.
People are entitled to protest. The "problem" for me is that a demonstration protesting about the team's lack of success takes the form of withdrawing support, which seems counter-productive to me.