• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First fifteen minutes on saturday

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smacks of self importance.

milts

15 minutes of silence won't achieve anything.

Mid table mediocrity. We need 15 minutes of Tisdale out (or to that effect) at the start of the game if people really want change.

The impact to the players doesn't matter. We're not going up and we're not going down.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
15 minutes of silence won't achieve anything.

Mid table mediocrity. We need 15 minutes of Tisdale out (or to that effect) at the start of the game if people really want change.

The impact to the players doesn't matter. We're not going up and we're not going down.
An excellent and accurate accessment. As if a section of the crowd deciding to stay silent for 15 minutes is going to achieve anything? Something far more profound needs to be thought up to have any impact, like booing or an ongoing chorus of 'Tisdale Out!' to the tune of three german officers.

Two defeats - away - and the legion throw their swords from the chariot.

Can I have my money back?

Oliver

Two defeats - away - and the legion throw their swords from the chariot.

Can I have my money back?
9 points out of the last 30 availabe, 7 defeats out of the last 10.

GrecianWonder

When are defeats necessary?

Terryhall

I agree with the principle of fan protest as a legitimate way of making clubs aware of the general sentiment of the crowd.

But I thought the entire point of RL was that they would support the team regardless of the scoreline and the result? I have to say that this smacks a bit of downing tools at the first sign of difficulty. Right now is where the team needs the fans to be on side and be the "12th man" to dig them out of the hole.

York was a very disappointing result but realistically we were never likely to get points out of Wycombe away - better teams than us have gone there and lost this season.

Like I said I agree with the principle of fan protest, but I worry that this could easily backfire and do more harm than good.

denzil

I think this is a great idea.

Wonder what'll happen if we go 3-0 up inside the first 5 minutes though, like we did against southport :)
Probably scrape a 3-3 draw ? I'm all for expressing our acute disappointment as we are entitled to do.

Last edited:

HarryECFC

We're not trying to be completely negative over the situation, but we know that this year, we've got a bigger players budget than before, we've got a decent team with some great players. There appears to be a lack of real drive, passion, and pride from the players. The type of passion Noble showed at Leyton Orient is exactly what should be shown by all players.

1 - 0 down against a bottom of the table club, to bring on a striker that trains twice a week and scores once in a blue moon is the wrong move, especially when there are better players that we know are fit are on the bench. Our 15 minutes of silence may not affect anything, hopefully others will join in with us, but at least we're making it known that we're not happy with the way things are at the moment.

From 15+ Minutes on, the wall of noise will be behind the team non stop for the remainder of the game.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're not trying to be completely negative over the situation, but we know that this year, we've got a bigger players budget than before, we've got a decent team with some great players. There appears to be a lack of real drive, passion, and pride from the players. The type of passion Noble showed at Leyton Orient is exactly what should be shown by all players.

1 - 0 down against a bottom of the table club, to bring on a striker that trains twice a week and scores once in a blue moon is the wrong move, especially when there are better players that we know are fit are on the bench. Our 15 minutes of silence may not affect anything, hopefully others will join in with us, but at least we're making it known that we're not happy with the way things are at the moment.

From 15+ Minutes on, the wall of noise will be behind the team non stop for the remainder of the game.
Although this kind of thing is not really my bag, fair play to you guys, there's lots on here who will be critical but I don't really see them doing anything aside from moan on here