• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First fifteen minutes on saturday

rp42

Do you know the definition of loyal?
Fans that turn up week in week out No matter what She-ite we have had to put up with? And my God we've had some......answer your question?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haven't we been giving City the silent treatment to no avail for the last 2 seasons?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The crowd has never really turned on the management - defeat against Newport following on from York may well see that change for many

I've never understood the amount of people who clap the team when they have played poorly - there is way too much acceptance that being mid table is good enough

In the end of the day we've stood still since we got relegated back to league 2 & not once in what 5 seasons now even really competed at the top end of the division on a consistent basis

There are always excuses - injuries , lack of cash flow , players not locating to Devon , we struggle on wet pitches , we struggle against physical sides , we don't have a plan B

All of those to have some weight to a point but that's league 2 for the majority of teams not just us

contrabombarde

People should feel free to make any protest they like, but as someone mentioned earlier that in the unlikely event of us scoring 2 or 3 in the first few minutes then it could run the risk of ending up as an embarrassing debacle.

hatch4england

God knows I am no big fan of Tisdale and I am very much not a fan of the present setup or board and I find the drum really annoying... but support your team and hopefully they'll stuff Newport.

However, if what you see is dire (not unusual), and things go badly, THEN is the time to let rip at the untouchable one IMHO. It won't do any good at all mind, as he's not budging and the board are way too enamoured of him/fearful of the consequences...but it'll make you feel better!

Grecian Max

Hope you don't sing 'loyal supporters' anymore. Was a pointless chant anyway.
If you genuinely think we're being disloyal, fine. We've set out our points openly and in detail, you can chuck in a **** easy forum dig if you like, it's really not an issue.

I'd rather be labelled as disloyal if it means that we've said our bit effectively. Are you happy with the current situation? Are you pleased with the mediocrity of the last five years? Fair enough if you are, as I've said each to their own. If this gets back to the players then good - they need a kick up the arse. What some of people have missed is it's often the threat of action that is effective rather than the act itself. Hence the Twitter note - not self importance but a flag to the players that we won't blindly follow them when they haven't given enough back.

Grecian Max

People should feel free to make any protest they like, but as someone mentioned earlier that in the unlikely event of us scoring 2 or 3 in the first few minutes then it could run the risk of ending up as an embarrassing debacle.
Really really not - it's meant as a kick up the arse, if we go and score early doors that's what we want, obviously. No embarrassment at all, we want a city win and we want them in the play offs. It's the obvious slide towards a dead rubber end to season that we want to avoid, hence why we're raising the issue now.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will the silence extend to not cheering if City do score in the first 15 minutes?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
How would that possibly be embarrassing? No one has said that they won't celebrate a goal or clap good play as far as I am aware.

Grecian Max

No of course we will cheer goals, this is just about the singing.