• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First fifteen minutes on saturday

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Have just seen on Twitter, from the red legion that they plan during the first fifteen minutes v Newport not to use the drum, banners or their voices to highlight that some of the performances are not matching the support given by the fans. After 15 minutes they will be getting behind the team as usual.

I think this is a good way of making a statement without it being destructive to the teams chances of winning. What do other here think?

Silver fox

And if we're losing in the final 5 minutes a rendition of Tisdale out maybe??

manc grecian

All these timed protests are a sack of ****e. Go to the game, watch the game and if you don't like it then let the manager/board/players/ballboy know.

And if you want to make a point ******** to it being destructive to the team. They'll deal with it. Not like we are going down or anything remotely exciting.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here's their statement

manc grecian

I like all the stuff they do but since when did they become spokespeople for everybody else. Not sure they can or should be claiming they are speaking for the majority. Also not sure unnecessary is the right word to describe defeats.

Just stick to drumming and making flags.

i8cornwall

No where does it say that they think they are the voice of the Fans. Just says that they wont be singing etc Saturday.

manc grecian

No where does it say that they think they are the voice of the Fans. Just says that they wont be singing etc Saturday.
They say they aren't playing their trumpets because they are reflecting the concerns of the majority of the fans. How have they arrived at the conclusion that their concerns match with the majority of the fans? Nobody's asked me.

Grecian Max

Manc what it actually (specifically) says is that it highlights the concern from the majority of fans that the season is slipping away. Whilst that might be an assumption, what city fan wouldn't think that right now?

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Tbh it's a bit of a non point, but feel free to argue it if you want.

It's a small, straightforward simple thing to do. No negative stuff, no suggestion that other don't contribute, we're just not singing for 15 minutes. Team needs to lift the fans for once, too many excuses not enough action. Free country and all that. If it kicks them up the arse knowing then good, if not who cares just put in a good display with commitment and passion for once. Last 5 years at home particular have been dire, despite great support from all city fans up and down the country (apart from PeteUSA ;))

Last edited:

manc grecian

Manc what it actually says is that it highlight the concern from the majority of fans that the season slipping away. Whilst that might be an assumption, what city fan wouldn't think that right now?
That fella from Suffolk and Geoff. I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment just don't want them to come across as presumptuous. I'm glad someone has the energy to do something btw. I'm completely bored and fed up with the whole situation. I can't be bothered to tut in anger anymore.

15 minutes of "Its not good enough" would be better.